Why is the week before Christmas SO long?! School got out last Friday and we are just waiting and waiting for Christmas. Chris has been working late, so it just feels like a normal week, except no school. I feel for my kids, I really do. It's so hard to wait for Christmas. And smelly markers. And superheroes. But we will survive. Christmas will come. Chris will take time off of work. We will party!
A few random thoughts to fill the void before all the Christmas festivity posts:
1) I got this in the mail the other day! Hooray! I can hardly contain my excitement. I've never had a passport before! And it's going to take me somewhere fun! I can't wait. The extent of my international travel thus far has been Tijuana, Mexico (right by San Diego) and the Canadian side of Niagra Falls.
2) I don't know why I think this is so funny, but it totally cracks me up. Madison was having a really hard time behaving herself on Monday, so I made her write a list of 5 things she was going to stop doing and then she had to go to her room and read it for 30 minutes.
1) stop toking to mom win she is on the fon (phone)
2) stop being men (mean) to Jaxon
3) stop airing (arguing)
4) stop being sassy (that one is my favorite, she is SO sassy)
5) no wiing (whining)
3) Colton thinks he's 3 years old. He loves being with the big kids and he gets really mad when he can't participate. We let him help make cookies the other day and he was in HEAVEN! Such a funny kid. Also, just for the record, his height and weight are pretty proportional (30% on height, 40% on weight). The reason he looks so chunky is that his head is huge, 85%!! And the doctor said his soft spot still hasn't closed, so his head is still growing. Hopefully that means he's going to be super smart?!
4) The other day I decided to try out the old writing in the shaving cream trick with Jax man. He loved it. It kept him focused for a pretty long time and his handwriting was much better when he was using his finger and not a pencil.
5) Jaxon had a Polar Express party at school last week. When Madison got home from school they all had to make tickets and play train. Colton was thrilled to be included. Jaxon was the ticket taker. He liked "stamping" the tickets (over and over and over again).
6) Now that Madison is done with soccer she is in a little ballet class taught be a girl in our stake. Two of her good friends are in the class with her and she loves it! I got to go observe last week! It was a fun little class!
And there you have it! Just some randomness amidst the holiday preparations!






No comments:
Post a Comment