Let's start at the end of the story.
This is what I picked up at the pharmacy yesterday: 5 bottles of amoxicillian.
On Thursday Colton started throwing up. He threw up all day Thursday and Friday. Saturday morning he threw up again, but only once. Jaxon came down with a fever Saturday night. Sunday both the boys were fine. Then on Monday Colton threw up again and Jaxon was coughing pretty badly. By Monday night I was about ready to lose my mind, mostly from worry over Colton and why he kept throwing up. I called our neighbors to give him a blessing.
Tuesday I took him in to the doctor to figure out what this mysterious illness was. I don't really think she believed me that something was wrong because he was acting completely normal, which is why I waited so long to take him to the doctor. They took a strep test and checked his ears. Diagnosis: strep throat and a double ear infection. Mystery solved! Thank goodness. I was worried he had stomach problems or appendicitis or something. I picked Jaxon and Madi up from school and we went back to the doctor for strep tests. Jaxon's was positive and Madi's was negative. Thankfully the doctor wrote me a prescription for everyone (Madi is a strep throat magnet). Now they are all on antibiotics. I'm hoping by Christmas we will all be healthy and happy again.
Mixed in with all the puking we've had quite a few little performances by the kids, which has made things a little crazy because we've had to be creative in order to avoid any throw-up incidents. (Did I mention the first time Colton threw up last week it was at Jo Ann? In the middle of the store.)
Jaxon had a school Christmas play. He was the cutest Shepard ever and pulled out some pretty sweet dance moves.
Madi and Chris played a duet at Madison's piano recital. Cutest thing ever.
They played their song again at the ward Christmas party.
Madison also had a sweet little ballet performance. Every time I see her perform it melts my heart.
Then there's the homemade gifts. The last few weeks I've been kicking myself for thinking it would be fun to make gifts for everyone. I mean seriously. The season is crazy enough already. But now that all my gifts are done (yay!), I'm glad I did it. I'm really happy with the way everything turned out. No one suffered, too much, expect that my house has been a disaster. These hats I made for a little party the kids were supposed to have, which got postponed because of Mr. Pukeface. However, the kids have loved wearing them to deliver treats to friends!
I made 3 of these babies. Not very hard, but very time consuming. Totally worth it though. They go with car wallets for portable car fun! I also made the 7 quillows in my previous post, a nightgown for the doll Madison is getting for Christmas, and calendars for both sides of the family. I think I'm done sewing for a few months after this.
In other news, it snowed 1mm, which means the kids were thrilled.
Our elves have moved about 5 times. This is probably my least favorite tradition. Mostly because I stink at it and my kids notice.
My little elves have been spreading Christmas cheer caroling to friends. They sing an awesome rendition of jingle bells, complete with sweet dance moves.
And Madi and I did a little Christmas shopping last weekend (while Chris was at Wal-mart, where Colton threw up, again). I love girl time with my lady!
It's looking to be pretty merry Christmas!











No comments:
Post a Comment