January is a pretty slow month around here. And I kind of love it.
After a crazy, crazy fall and summer and spring and pretty much every month since LAST January it's nice to just take it slow for a while.
We've been filling our time doing fun, easy, non-stressful, inexpensive things!
Well, except Chris, he went snowboarding in Utah for 6 days.
We came home from Christmas and I realized I couldn't see Jaxon's beautiful baby blues,
so we gave his hair a much-needed cut. I'm always afraid of cutting his hair because it's slowly getting darker and the day I cut it and it's brown I will cry.
Colton went to the dentist for the first time, not too exciting, but he was so stinkin' cute up on that bed.
Jaxon dressed like a cowboy for a couple of days. He put this outfit together himself and he was very proud of it.
We finally got some rain. We have been in a drought for almost two years and we needed it so badly!! It rained for two days straight,
which turned our backyard into a mudpit! Jaxon and his friend thoroughly enjoyed getting filthy. I hope Cohen is still allowed at our house after this...cause I didn't even try to stop them.
While Chris was gone Madi and Jaxon took turns sleeping with me. Madi did great, except that she brought her whole entourage with her. Jaxon was like sleeping with a snake. It was terrible. Plus he talks in his sleep and he sleeps with the light on. His poor wife. I kicked him out at 1 a.m.
We've had a wide range of temperatures here. Friday was beautiful and we enjoyed a fun bike ride. Madi is rockin' the two-wheeler and has FINALLY learned how to start pedaling going uphill, who know there were so many uphill inclines in Texas?!
Colton enjoyed his slurpee as always!
And we all enjoyed the perfect temperatures.
We also had a small movie party to make up for the Christmas party that we were supposed to have in December, which got canceled because Mr. Pukey had strep throat.
Here's the scene after the party. Popcorn and red solo cups everywhere, I guess that's the trademark of a good party?!
Saturday we went swimming, because it was cold outside, again.
And we got ice cream. Colton played cars and ate his ice cream at the same time. He was in heaven.
Jaxon just wore his ice cream, as usual.
The kids looked especially adorable on Sunday so we took a pic. to send to daddy. I love my boys in their suits!
Colton touched the waffle iron when I wasn't looking and burnt his hand. It's not as bad as it looks we just didn't have any bandaids because someone (Madison) insists on using a bandaid anytime she sees pink on her skin. We gave Colton bacon and he got better fast!
Then today it snowed. Ya know, cause shorts on Friday snow on Monday is totally normal.
And poor, poor Colton is a snot factory, again. I swear that child produces more bodily fluids than anyone else I know. I'm DONE with the snot and the puke and the diarrhea. Let's pray the weather gets nice soon so we can get him outside and away from germs.




















No comments:
Post a Comment