August was an especially crazy month for us. I took the kids to Houston. The next week Aunt Heidi and Uncle Stephen were in town. The next week we went to Alabama. The next week school started. Then the last weekend in August we went to Arkansas. So yeah. Lots to catch up on! I already posted about our trip around Texas. Here are the events of the week we had Aunt Heidi (my brother's wife) and Uncle Stephen, Chris's brother, in town at the same time. Until Stephen arrived Heidi and Stephen had never met. Thankfully they are both pretty easy going!
While Heidi was in town I thought it would be fun to take the trolley downtown to the new Klyde Warren Park. The trolley is free. The park has a splash park. Kind of perfect.
The kids thought the trolley was pretty fun! The ride was about 20-25 minutes, so long enough to be exciting, but not too long that it got boring!
The splash park was super fun! We had to be super creative with Colton's cast. He was okay playing at splash parks, he just couldn't submerge his arm.
And the play equipment was fun, too! I think we will definitely do this again, however, not in the middle of summer. I about melted because I didn't wear my swim suit and it was over 100 degrees that day.
We did get some snow cones from the food trucks to cool off, though! All-in-all it was definitely a unique, fun experience!
We also took Heidi and Stephen to play Top Golf, which is one of our favorite date night activities. Can I just say that I've made big strides this summer in doing things outside?! I generally hide in the AC or the pool, but I've been brave and ventured out a few times!
While Stephen was here all the Wise boys rented a boat for some fun lake time! Poor Colton couldn't get wet and we didn't want him to just sit in the heat sweating, so I kept him home. The big kids had fun, though.
Chris took Jaxon wake boarding, which Jaxon loved.
While we had family in town I thought it would be fun to celebrate Colton's birthday a couple weeks early. We were out of town on his actual birthday, anyway. I told Colton I would make him a green car cake. Well, when I went to bake the cake he was VERY upset that the actual batter wasn't green. I tried to explain to him that I was going to frost it, but he wouldn't have it. So, I dyed the batter green. Problem solved.
Here's his finished cake. Not my best work, but who care?! Thankfully Colton didn't know or care that he got the same cake two years in a row!
And this is just a random picture of Chris and Stephen. They're so weird. Watching Chris with his brothers makes me really excited to have all three of my little boys grow up together!
And this is my favorite journal entry from Madison this summer. If you read the top she wrote "going to sand and jello". This was in reference to our trip to San Angelo, that we took a week before. It took me a while to realize that San Angelo and "sand and jello" are the same thing :) My favorite part, though, is the last line "the most fun thing is spending time with family." It was a crazy summer. Between moving and being pregnant and girls camp and family coming and going to visit family and Colton's broken arm, I just didn't feel like I got to do some of the quality things that I had hoped to do with the kids. But that line made all the craziness worth it, because that really is what is most important!
And finally, Chris and I celebrated our 9th anniversary! We went out to a steakhouse for dinner and Chris surprised me by having these super yummy cookies delivered to the house. Pretty low-key, but that's fine by me! It's been a good 9 years and I'm excited to celebrate our 10th next year!













No comments:
Post a Comment