Thursday, August 21, 2014

While Jaxon was gone/ a week of amazing weather

While Jaxon was gone in Arkansas having his turn with grandma we had some fun times here!  I'll be honest, it was easier for Madison to be gone than for Jaxon.  Jaxon and Colton are bff's and when Jaxon is gone Colton is BORED.  Madison isn't super interested in playing with Colton, which is understandable.  So it's a little trickier when Jaxon leaves and both Colton and Madison are wanting me to play with them all day!

Anyway, I decided at the beginning of July to start weaning Hudson.  I was really proud of myself for nursing him as long as I did.  If we hadn't had some upcoming trips that required leaving him AND if he hadn't gotten 2 sharp little teeths I probably would have kept at it, but that combination made me feel really good about letting it go!  I'm not a champion nurser and making it almost 8 months was a big accomplishment for me.  Colton thought it was funny when Hudson started taking a bottle.  One day he decided to play "baby".  This was cracking me up:



Madison had a book club party (more on that later)


I have never had a kid who would sleep in random places, but Colton has fallen asleep out of his room a few times this summer.  Poor kid.  I totally thought he was giving up his naps at the end of the school year, but he has REALLY needed them all summer, so I guess not.  


Madi and I went to visit Graham at the hospital.  He is improving every day.  He was moved out of the ICU to a regular room, which was pretty much a penthouse sweet with an amazing view!


We celebrated cow appreciation day.  If you look closely you can see that Colton does not appreciate cows.  Grumpy pants.  Mostly he just hates dressing up.  He's a little self conscious sometimes about things like that.  


Let's get a close-up of Hudson's get-up.  I love this cow costume!  Colton was a cow for Halloween when he was a newborn and that costume has sure come in handy.  


And we celebrated free 7-11 day on the same day!  What a great "free stuff" day that was!


The weekend Jaxon was gone Colton and I went on a fun trip to Houston together.   My sister-in-law is about ready to have a baby girl and we wanted to go for the shower.  Since Madi and Jaxon went to Arkansas I took Colton on his own special trip.  We left Chris home with Madison and Hudson, which he managed just fine.  Colton got to pick out a toy, since Madison and Jaxon got lots of souvenirs with grandma.  


and play wii with Uncle Garrett


I went to Heidi's baby shower.  I'm so excited for my first niece on the Porter side!


Then we went to the Rainforest Cafe.  Which I thought would be a fun special treat.  Expect Colton has a ridiculous fear of moving stuffed animals (chuck-e-cheese, the chick-fil-a cow etc.), and all the animated animals petrified him!


He got over it though, kind of, mostly we just distracted him!  And he really enjoyed being spoiled and spending time with his favorite Aunt Heidi.  


Then Jaxon came home and after two weeks we were finally all back together under one roof!


We have been working hard at reading this summer.  Madison is a book worm and has devoured a million books.  Jaxon and Colton love being read to.  We earned our library rewards coupons and took advantage of some free lunch!!


Then the weather turned amazing, like temps in the high 70's, so we spent a lot of time outside!  (notice Jaxon is again wearing the high water "spy pants" I mentioned in my last post, gross).


I took the boys running outside while Madison and Jaxon were at swim team.  I'm re-discovering my love for running with the jogger.  For a while I quit because when I was running 2 years ago pushing 45 pound Jaxon and 25 pound Colton it was ridiculous.  But now I'm only pushing 35 pound Colton and 15 pound Hudson.  That's a lot easier.  


I know all my posts every summer look the same: us at the pool.  But that's pretty much our life, so here's another pic of us at the pool :)


Colton and I found this park one day, during swim team again, with a real merry-go-round.  We had so much fun on that thing!


One beautiful evening we took the kids to Klyde Warren Park downtown.  It's such a fun, unique place.  


The kids love the play equipment right in the middle of the city.  


They also have a fun splash park.


And another merry-go-round.  It was a spinning kind of week.


I didn't think Hudson would get wet, so I didn't bring a suit or swim diaper.  But he decided he wanted to get in and so we let him be white trash for a while.  He loved it.  


We got snow cones from the food truck.  


And these are just a couple more shots.  The back drop of the Dallas skyline is amazing!






No comments: