Monday, October 27, 2014

30

I turned 30 last month.  Yep.  I hit a new decade.  I'm totally ok with that, though. 

I was super, super spoiled on my birthday.  The weekend before my birthday I went out with a big group of friends to my favorite restaurant.  I feel so blessed to have so many great friends.  I really learn so much from the amazing women I get to spend time with!  I didn't take any pictures, though, except of this super fun gift all my friends put together.  30 things for my 30th.   I always feel so self-centered taking pictures of things that involve just me.  But then I always regret not taking a picture, because I want to remember it.  Oh well. 



On my actual birthday the kids and Chris made me breakfast in bed.  They came in singing to me and it almost gave me a heart attack because I was sound asleep.  Talk about being old :)

My birthday night we had cake on the back porch after football practice.  Hudson was already in bed. 


I got lots of fun gifts and surprises.  My parents sent me 30 one dollar bills, which was fun.  Getting older= more money!  My mom also made me a fun cover for my sewing machine.  My friends dropped off flowers and treats.  It's nice to be remembered for one day a year!


On the Friday after my birthday Chris threw me a fun couples party.  I felt a little embarrassed having a party and a dinner, but they were both really fun!  Again, no good pics, except Colton being cute eating my cake.  


Other than that it was business as usual over here, which of course means crazy town.  

Colton brought home the class tiger and we had to take him everywhere with us.  Colton loved it.


Hudson is a little booger.  This kid is fast as lighting and loves the stairs.  He can go up them fine, but sometimes he tries to come down mid-climb and that's not good.  We have a gate at the bottom and we use a rubber band to latch it and sometimes he tries to pull it open and climb up.  I'm afraid he's going to be decapitated.  


Hudson spends so much time in the swings at various parks and fields waiting for games and practices.  It's ridiculous.  Thankfully swings make him happy.  



Madison has been all about earning and, more importantly, spending money.   The term "money burning a hole in your pocket" fits her perfectly.  She finally got enough money for a stuffed animal she wanted.  I made her do the whole purchase herself.  This picture is blurry because she is jumping up and down in excitement. 


We had primary program at church.  The kids did great.  Colton was especially hilarious.  When he got to the pulpit he informed the primary presidency member "I know this" very loudly so that she wouldn't help him. 


As my selfish project for my birthday week I made Madison a new dress.  I've been wanting to try this pattern forever.  I loved it and will be making her another one!


I also made the boys new bow ties.  Hudson obviously loves his.  


And then I got the stomach flu.  And almost died.  I have a terrible immune system and I hate it and in a future post you will see that I got the stomach flu twice in two weeks and that's just WRONG.


Colton is the most awesome little buddy ever.  He likes to go shopping at Kroger and use the car carts.  And he likes to keep all his special items in the cart with him.  On this trip we were picking things out for his preschool class snack.  


Practice.  Again.  The sun sets earlier now, so sometimes we play with taking fun pictures.  


Colton and Elisa in the swings!  We had Sean and Grandpa here over general conference weekend, so we took the little kids to the park. 


Lunch with Madison.  Madison LIVES for me coming to lunch with her.  Mostly cause she likes me bringing her a treat.  I liked this picture because I think these two look related!


One night we got a HUGE rain storm.  It was fine and then all of a sudden it was dumping buckets.  Steve had a great idea to go run around in the rain.   It was fun.  Then the kids were cold.  My kids are such little Texas sissies.  


Grandpa came over for dinner the night it rained.  The rain didn't last long and everything cleared up and it was a beautiful night.  Practices got canceled so we had a fun evening playing outside in the driveway.  


and enjoying root beer floats!


Colton's little group of buddies took a trip to the pumpkin patch.  I was watching his little twin buddies Jake and Luke that day, so we had quite the crew.  The twins are pretty good, but they are full of energy.  Chasing around 3 4-year-olds is pretty tiring.  


This is Mr. Hudson's first Halloween.  Last year I was massively pregnant with him.  He's so much cuter on the outside!


My little pumpkin head in the pumpkins.  Love that boy and his cute head!


Colton's crew.  We have a ridiculous number of 4-year-old boys in our ward.  They are all a blast!


Colton found his buddy Emmet at the pumpkin patch.  Colton is being Emmet for Halloween so we had to take a picture.


While Grandpa and Sean were hear we all went to top golf, which I love.  It was fun to not have any kids around.  It's not often just the adults get to hang out!


Madison and I ran our 5K.  Finally.  I'm glad the forced training is over.  


Madison and Graham, our superhero!


We had to divide and conquer for the 5K so I had Hudson with me.  He was a happy little stroller runner.  Madison did ok.  She "ran" the first 2 miles.  I say "ran" because at one point a rather heavy child was walking in front of us faster than Madison was running. 


All the cousins came over for dinner Saturday night so we could have a family dinner.  They are fun, crazy kids.  


We enjoyed conference on Sunday.  Chris sat with the big kids and helped them listen and work on their workbooks, while I sat in the playroom and listened with Hudson on my iPad.  Cause Hudson would have destroyed everything the kids were trying to do.  Mr. Man is so close to walking.  He stands like this all the time and he thinks he's pretty darn cool.



No comments: