Monday, June 08, 2009

Working hard and hardly working


UPDATE: I'm posting this because Sarah is too modest to put a pic of herself totally thrashing it on the wakeboard. That's my girl!

Brace yourselves. This is going to be a long one. And probably not very interesting. I'm not feeling particularly "bloggy" today, but I need to get caught up. Just consider yourself warned.

The last few weeks have been pretty crazy around here. I always feel like I have a million projects that I want to do around the house, but I can never find time to do them. Miraculously I was actually able to get 2 major projects done these last couple of weeks.

Project #1: fix the front flower beds. This is what they looked like when we moved in. Overgrown, scraggly, just pretty yucky. The bushes on the left side of the house were much bigger and fuller (and different varieties) than the bushes on the right side.


So I ripped out all the bushes on the right side of the house and then my home teachers helped me transplant 2 bushes from the left side of the house. I replaced all the mulch and planted some flowers. Much better!



Project #2: paint Madison's bed. I have always like the style of Madison's bed, but I never really liked the color. So I whipped out my spray paint and gave her bed a facelift. Before, dull and boring:

After: PINK! Madison loves it, of course.


Memorial Day

For Memorial Day we went to Broken Bow, Oklahoma with the Wise family. The cabin we rented was gorgeous! Madison had a blast with her favorite cousin Austin! We also celebrated the babys' birthdays. I can't believe they're both 1. Most of the pictures I took are on my brother-in-law's camera, but here are a few:


Fishing ?
Sunday breakfast with Madi and Spider-man.
Madi and Daddy before we left.

Birthday Boy

My little man turned one last Wednesday. We celebrated his birthday with his cousin over Memorial Day, so we didn't do a lot on his actual birthday. But he did get to open is new drum set from Grandma and Grandpa Porter. It was a smash hit :)

I don't know which kid liked it more :)

And here is the little birthday boy. Is he walking? No. He doesn't want to walk. He stands up just fine, but he shows absolutely no interest in walking. He won't even let us hold his hand and help him walk. He just wants to get down and crawl. What a goof!


Borrowing the boat.

Last week we watched Chris's brother Nathan while Chris's parents were out of town for their 30th. We took that opportunity to have a little fun on the boat with some friends:

The driver.

The girls!

Madison and Natalie

Park time.

It was nice to have some down time staying over at the Wise's last week. I got a lot of time to take the kids swimming and to the park. Both of my kids just love the park!

eating cookies
feeding ducks





5 comments:

Annie said...

The little kids are just as cute as ever! I can't wait until the reunion. We all miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a busy summer so far, what a cute family! And Sarah, looking good on the wakeboard!

Love, Mom

Kelly said...

fun! madi's bed looks great!

Danielle and Trev said...

Look at you and your bad self!!!
ow ow!
Can't wait to see you guys again!
Love you :)

Jeni said...

cute update!! I love love love madi's hair!