Once upon a time there was a sweet, fun, happy little guy who loved to take long naps and was content to play by himself all day long (unlike a certain sibling of his). Then one day he discovered the toilet and everything changed. Okay, not really, he's still sweet, fun and happy. He still takes long naps and plays by himself. Problem is: he likes to play by himself in the toilet. The other day he unrolled an entire roll of toilet paper all over the bathroom. Not 4 hours later, he threw an entire roll of toilet paper into the upstairs toilet, along with a plastic hot dog bun. Then the VERY NEXT DAY he threw my hairbrush into the toilet and that same afternoon he threw my sunglasses in the toilet. Now I know that these four instances so close together might beg the question: "well why doesn't she just shut the door." The answer: I DO shut the door. However, a certain sibling of his (the same sibling who won't nap or play alone) does not remember to shut the door. No matter how many times I remind said sibling. And so we have toilet issues. Nasty. But, as you can see from the above photo, he's really proud of all his handy work. It's hard to get upset with him when he makes a face like that!
Here is another example of Jaxon's handywork. The kid is pretty much a walking mess, even when Madison does remember to shut the bathroom door he still finds ways to spread joy around the house.
I thought this was so sweet. The neighbor nextdoor was mowing his lawn and Jaxon stood at the window for a good 20 minutes watching him. He was completely intrigued. He kept turning to me and saying something in his special little lanugage and then turning back to the window. I've never seen anything keep him so occupied for so long. Except toilet paper, of course.

Last Friday night we went jetskiing with some friends of ours. The weather was gorgeous, the lake was calm, and, except for the bugs, the picnic area was perfect. Jaxon loved the jetski. Chris said he just sat back chillin' the whole time.
Madi spent the evening chasing boys. I'm sure that's pretty much going to be the theme of most of her life.
And this slide was super fun! Look at how big it is. They just don't make 'em that big anymore. I have to say I think I enjoyed going down the slide more than Madi did!
4 comments:
oh no- good luck w/ jax & the toilet. yikes!
I think it'll be the other way around w/ Madison- boys will definitely be chasing her. watch out!
I love your new blog look!
Okay, we totally have had the same toilet stuff going on. It's tricky because once you've got one who is potty-trained you can't really block access to the potty (without MAJOR consequences), so it becomes vulnerable to the likes of Jax/Miles. I can't tell you how many rolls of toilet paper I've found sitting in the potty. Drives me nuts.
So yeah. Good luck with that:)
Oh! I miss you Sarah! And Charlie misses his best friend Maddison! :) Thanks for stickin with the old blog :)
Post a Comment