Thursday, May 27, 2010

Aloha

Last week Chris, "the bump", and I joined my sister, Danielle, and her husband, Trevor, on a little trip... to Hawaii!!!  I include "the bump" in this list because, as you will see in the pictures, he is a very large presence in our lives at this point.  But enough about my expanding girth, let's talk Hawaii.  Call it a babymoon, heck you can even call it a honeymoon, since our honeymoon was in Galveston for 2 days, either way, this was the first time we've been able to go anywhere even remotely exotic.  The wait was worth it though.  We were blessed with some amazing hookups and an opportunity to have an awesome week-long get-away!  

In an attempt to not bore you all I will simply touch on the highlights of our trip.  I call this my top 14 awesome things about Hawaii:

1) Beach House.  Here's the view from our back porch.


2) Beach!  We visited a number of beaches, all of which were amazingly beautiful.


4) Cliff jumping at Wiamea Bay.  It goes without saying that I didn't participate in this one.  But it looked like fun! 



6) Wildlife




7) Surfing.  Chris, Danielle, and Trevor tried out surfing for a few hours one day.   From my view on shore it looked like a whole lot of paddling for and just a little bit of riding.  





8) The Polynesian Cultural Cente and Laie LDS Temple.  I got this awesome tattoo from the Fiji exhibit.  I know, I'm hard core, what can I say.  The luau that night was amazing, though.  Our favorite dance was one where all the men wore big thick leaf skirts and sat on fire.  Unfortunately the temple is currently closed for renovations, so we could do a session or even walk on the grounds, but it was still gorgeous!




9) LOST.  We're kind of really big LOST fans (no I haven't seen the finale so don't spoil it).  We had some time one day so we hiked over to this tree from one of the first episodes. 


10) Wiamea Falls.  We hiked up to this water fall on morning.  The walk up was gorgeous and it was fun to swim in the water around the falls (this water fall has also been on LOST, too, just FYI.)


11) Snorkeling.  The water was so clear it was like snorkeling in a bathtub.  Plus we look really cool with our masks on!

12) Pearl Harbor and the Swap Meet.  We tried to get tickets to the actual monument that is built over the USS Arizona, but the only ones available were for too late in the day.  You can see the monument over Chris's right shoulder, though.  And the Swap Meet was an awesome place to get souvenirs!


13) Golf.  Chris got to play golf at the Turtle Bay golf course (he knows people).  Look at that view!  That's the ocean behind him!  No worries.  I was getting a massage while he was golfing.  I couldn't let him be the only one having fun!


14) Wedding reception.  The reason my sister and her husband were in Hawaii was for a wedding.  So we joined them at the reception.  It was amazing.  I've never seen so many tables in the cultural hall before!  A lot of the bride's cousins are former Polynesian Cultural Center dancers, so they performed at the wedding.  The bride and groom each did a hula for each other!  



A special thank you to Grandma, Grandpa, Jon, and Cristina who took our kids into their home for the week.  We really appreciate your help and the time away!


15 comments:

Christina said...

Sounds like an awesome trip! I am jealous! We didn't see those LOST spots when we went, I wish we had.

Amanda said...

jealous!

You look fab in every picture:) So cute:)

Joy Elizabeth Jackson said...

Oh gosh. I'm so jealous! But I'm glad you got to go and relax before baby #3 comes. You deserve it!

Jeni said...

Fun! I'm glad your home though and we can finally see each other!

Erin said...

Looks like such a beautiful place. Glad you were able to get to go and have fun.

Heather Lynn said...

I'm loving the belly shot with the yellow shirt. Cute!

Malerie said...

Wow! That looks like an awesome trip. I have yet to visit Hawaii and your pictures really make me want to go!

Eric and Amy said...

I am so jealous! What a fun trip ... bump and all ;).

Jessica and Rod said...

Fun fun! And quit knocking on "the bump." We are VERY cute pregnant ladies. I have to keep telling myself that as I continue to grow.

Abby said...

looks like a great trip! Cool pics of the LOST tree!!! Awesome!
And you're looking good Sarah!
We went to FL before we had Ty, and I loved having that last really fun and relaxing trip before the baby came. Wish I could do that again.

Kevin and Heather Hirst said...

What a fun trip! I love Hawaii:) I'm glad you guys were able to have a nice relaxing trip before the baby comes:) You look great!

Kylee said...

How fun!! I am so glad you had a fun time with just Chris...especially after busy season!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

oh my gosh, These are GREAT pictures! Looks like a lot of fun!!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

WOW!!! Looks amazing!

Ashley said...

Hooray for vacations! I'm so glad you were able to take a trip to Hawaii without the kiddos! You look so stinkin cute pregnant! I Love it!!!