Things settled down after a couple of days, though, and we were able to have some fun. The weather here has been FRYING hot already, like upper 90's every day. So I broke out the slip n' slide for the kids. The didn't really get the concept of running and sliding and I'm not really in any position to demonstrate at this point (can you imagine me sliding down the slip n' slide using the baby bump as a raft, ha, ha!). Anyway, they had fun just pushing the little tube up and down the slide and playing in the water.
This coming Thursday is Jaxon's actual birthday, even though we've already celebrated it twice. I'm going to be in KS with the kids, so we opened presents here at home last Sunday. Jaxon has been wanting a backpack like Madi's, so we got him this one that has wings and a dragon hat. I think he liked it!
Then the kids had to try on their backpacks, hats, and sunglasses. I think they look hilarious! (and maybe someday Madi will learn to look happy in pictures. I swear, she's a happy child!)
Later on Sunday we went over to Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate Jaxon's and Ethan's birthday. They are only 10 days apart, so they're destined to celebrate together for the rest of their lives. Good thing they love each other!
Aunt Cristina mad them this adorable Toy Story cake!
And what, you may ask, did you spend the rest of your holiday weekend doing? Well we did take the kids swimming at the rec. center on Saturday and on Monday. But the majority of the weekend we spent car shopping. I HATE car shopping. It is one of the most tedious, nerve wracking experiences I've ever encountered. Thankfully, though, after 13 hours at car dealerships on Saturday and Monday we are now the proud owners of a... van! I still can't believe we're at that point in our lives. I've been in denial for months. I swore I wouldn't get a van. I'm not old enough to drive a van. But my momma didn't raise no fool, we compared prices and amenities and a van won hands down. So yes, we now own a van. And I'm excited to take it on a car trip with my kids tomorrow when we got visit my parents!






7 comments:
What kind of van? Do tell? I tell ya I love my Odyssey more than anything! I say it every time I drive anywhere...even 3 years later....
We got an Odyssey. I have to say I love the way it drives. I love the whole interior really...
Todd and I have been talking about how our next car has to be able to hold at least three kids, plus friends, plus a stroller in the back. Vans really are the best choice, so I'm trying to deal with it now so when the time comes I'll be okay with it! Really, vans are WAY cooler than they used to be.
Yes, we only raise smart girls in our family. Can't wait to see you!! Love, Mom
Yay! You came over to the van side! Enjoy! Thought it was cute how Chris called Jay to tell him---I guess you guys knew we'd be fans:)!
way to go on the van choice... I'm surprised you succumbed to buying one. BUT they are great- I love our van. And I forget that I'm in a van when I'm driving because it's just so nice and convenient. Have fun on the road trip.
Lauralee's had one for a while now and she just loves her van too
Post a Comment