The nurse practitioner said straight up that I should schedule an induction by August 24 so that "my options for labor won't become limited" (in other words, so the baby doesn't get to big for me to push out). But she also said they will be doing another ultrasound the beginning of August and if C is getting too big they will bump up my induction another week. I really wanted to just go into labor by myself this time, but I'd much rather be induced than give birth to a 10 lb. baby or have to deliver by c-section.
Despite my increasingly limited mobility due to the gigantic fetus that has invaded my entire stomach (man I miss my abs!) I am grateful for 2 things. 1) I have actually only gained 2.5 pounds in the last month. I already weigh more than I did when I delivered Jaxon, but I was so sick with him I lost weight my first trimester. With this one I had awful heartburn for the first 21 weeks, so I gained weight. Either way, I'm just grateful I'm not gaining weight as fast as I was in the beginning now that I'm feeling decent. 2) I am not retaining water. I'm drinking water like crazy. I'm peeing every 10 seconds, but I am not retaining water! I can still wear my wedding ring without any problems, which is funny because I purposely got it sized a little big when we were engaged so that it would fit when I was pregnant. It's always been pretty loose and I've always been able to wear it until I deliver. Hopefully that will last!

5 comments:
You don't look very big. I'm pretty sure We're the same size. I've been told I have a big baby-tall wih long legs... I hope isn't too out of proportion!
Sorry for the confusion. Matt has a one year internship before the three year residency. So Spokane for a year and then off to Iowa. I know- you'd think it wouldn't be so complicated!
I really just think every subsequent pregnancy is
a.) tougher
b.) longer
c.) bigger
At this point I'm scared to have a fifth (if we ever decided to) because I'm pretty sure I'd be huge from the word GO and that I would cry for nine months straight. As it is I have a full month left (31 days!) and my pelvis is so whacked out that I have a pulled groin that has no chance of healing before the baby comes out.
Which begs the question: How did my mother do this 8 times???
You look great, you really do. But I am feeling ya... I am huge, feel huge, look huge, and hate every second of it. Blah! Hope we can get our bellies together soon.
You're lookin good all prego!
And your trip looked like tons of fun. Love all the pictures. Silly kiddos.
I think you look GREAT! Can I drop the pants by this week?
Post a Comment