We are currently (meaning right this minute) in the middle of New Mexico about 30 miles north of the Mexican border driving home from California. I'm bored to tears of the wide open wasteland, so I figured I'd share a list I've been compiling over the last 9 hours.
You know you're in the middle of nowhere when:
-your 4-year-old asks, in all seriousness, why God made it this way
-the most exciting thing you've seen all day are the huge splatters the bugs make when they hit your windshield
-the roadside signs give the ditches names
-the rivers don't have any water in them even though the signs say they are supposed to be rivers and not just ditches
-you look out the window and you can literally see only 2 real trees
-when your daughter has to go potty it takes 45 minutes to find a place to stop
-you pass abandoned towns where you're pretty sure the inhabitants just kind of shriveled up in the sun and blew away
-you get excited for night time because then you don't have to look at the landscape anymore
-you start asking your kids which weird noises they can make with their mouths and the whole family starts yelling just for something to do
-you get bored enough that you take the time to type a blog post on your iPhone which takes forever
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice. Sounds like fun.
I liked your list. It made me laugh!
Post a Comment