Monday, June 14, 2010

Kansas Road Trip

Last week Madison, Jaxon and I took a trip up to Kansas to visit my parents. There's nothing like an 8 hour car trip with both of my kids to foster family togetherness... or put me over the edge into craziness.  Really though I can't complain.  The kids did great, other than the fact that Madison needed a snack and a potty break about every 20 minutes and the fact that neither one of my kids fell asleep during either trip, even though we were driving during nap time and bedtime.

There's also nothing like seeing people you grew up with for the first time in 4-5 years when you're 7 months pregnant.  Sheesh, talk about some crazy looks!  I went to visit the pool where I used to work and I definitely got some funny reactions when I showed up with both my kids and my belly!

Anyway, we definitely had a good time the kids had a blast being spoiled rotten by grandpa, the weather was beautiful, and my mom even helped me in a few domestic pursuits.



Celebrating Jaxon's birthday, again.  For the millionth time.  He's getting the candle blowing down!


Grandpa and Madi built a birdhouse.  Madi now asks me every morning if there are birds in her house yet.  She's very excited about it.


We also visited the new site for the Kansas City temple.  The temple grounds were recently dedicated and the temple is supposed to be done in about 3 years.  It doesn't look like much now but we're excited to see it be built.






Grandma found some awesome apple-sized marshmallows at the store!  The kids had fun roasting marshmallows and playing in the yard.  The weather was absolutely beautiful.



We went to the petting zoo with Uncle Seth.  Madi loved feeding the baby goats their bottles.  Jaxon's main focus was getting to ride on the tractor.


My mom helped me can some meat.  Chris says it looks gross, but you know, 34 cans of meat sitting in my pantry makes me feel a lot more prepared!



My mom also made Madison this awesome quilt and I helped her tie it while we were visiting!  This picture doesn't do the colors justice.  It's wonderfully bright and colorful!



4 comments:

Michael and Lia said...

I am glad you're back - I've been missing your blogging! Thanks for entertaining me! Oh - also, my family cans beef (roast/steaks) and we LOVE it; it makes awesome and quick stroganoff. Your quilt looks great too!

Heather Lynn said...

Looks like you had fun. And the quilt looks beautiful! Madisyn and I have been doing some sewing. I'll share later on the blog. It's been fun! Now I just need my own sewing machine. :)

Annie said...

I miss you all! Jaxon's face is priceless in the picture with the tractor. I'm happy you guys are having some fun times!

Lisa said...

Looks like a fun trip!