We survived the long, boring drive home from California and drove up to our house at 8:30 this morning, 22 hours after we left. Other than the long drive, I can't complain. The kids did good and we had an awesome time in California. We went out to visit my aunt. Both of my brothers and my sister and her husband met us in San Diego, which is pretty amazing since we came from Milwaukee, Kansas City, Salt Lake, and Dallas. San Diego wasn't exactly a central location. It was so much fun to see everyone and to spend time with my aunt, uncle, and cousins.
I'm really tired and not feeling especially clever today. Plus, my mac is being repaired and I'm using Chris's laptop, which I don't like. So this post is mostly just pics., not too interesting.
The Beach
Jaxon hated it
I mean really hated it!
He hid under his towel most of the time.
Madi loved building a sandcastle, but she didn't like the waves either.
4 Porter kids, although only 2 of us are Porters now
Disneyland!!!
Madi and Daddy on Dumbo!
In front of Sleeping Beauty's castle. All Madi's dreams came true! She got to meet the "real" princesses.
The Fair
Cotton Candy
Garrett in the helicopter with Jax and Madi.
Trevor, Danielle, Seth and Chris on a big-kid ride.
Hugest turkey legs ever!
Chocolate covered bacon? It's as gross as it sounds!
Jax on the ferris wheel. Madi was too chicken to try it.
Danielle's birthday!
Happy 20th!
The whole bunch: Uncle Trevor, Aunt Danielle, Madi, Uncle Garrett, Uncle Seth, Sarah, Jax, Chris!
Dinner on the Pier
My hubby and I on the pier at Oceanside!
And there you have it. We had a blast. And now we're home in Texas for good for the rest of the summer. No more vacations. I'm just going to sit and let the baby marinate for the next few weeks until he's ready to come out (only 8 weeks to go, yikes!) I'm feeling very "nesty" though, which is awesome, cause I have tons of projects on my list!
6 comments:
Glad your back and you survived;)
SOOO fun!!! I'm so glad we all will be reunited again at Thanksgiving... except this time with a new BABY and Mom and Dad!
Looks like a great trip, the unfamiliar beach scene can always be tricky, Cassie has hated all of our lake excursions this year. 8 more weeks can't believe it!
Cool! Those pics make me miss home!
Too bad we missed you in CA! Disneyland I'd SO fun with a girlie girlnwhonloves princesses :) looks like a great trip!
Wow... I hope you could decipher that. Sometimes typing on a phone does not bring good results!
Post a Comment