4th of July weekend was pretty much wet all the way around. On Saturday it rained all day long. We went to our ward breakfast Saturday morning. The kids were supposed to decorate their bikes for a parade. Unfortunately the parade got canceled. But Madison was still really excited to have her bike decorated in red, white, and blue.
We spent the morning putting Jaxon's "big boy bed together". After 2 hours of reading IKEA instructions the bed was complete, but the little rascal still won't sleep in it. He prefers his crib. So this weekend we are taking his crib down. I want this kid sleeping in a bed before the baby comes so I don't have to deal with baby AND 2-year-old waking up at night.
Then we took a break with the kids and let them run around the driveway with their umbrellas. Why do kids love umbrellas so much?
Saturday night the fam. came over for pizza and fireworks. Thankfully the rain did stop long enough for us to enjoy the fireworks show. I really think that if we gave gifts on 4th of July it would be Madi's favorite holiday. She LOVES the fireworks.
We won't talk about Sunday. Sunday I had the flu. Bad. We'll just ignore the details of Sunday.
Monday I was feeling decent enough that we all went over to Grandma and Grandpa's for some swimming and picnicing and just hanging out time. The kids love, love, love the pool, all 4 of them. They went swimming twice. Once in the afternoon and then again after dinner!
Good times! We're so glad to have family close to share the holidays with !



2 comments:
bummer you were sick on the 4th:( At least you seem to have recovered fast? I can't believe your getting so close to having this baby! Love Madison's bike with all the red, white and blue:) Good luck with Jax and the crib! L is still in his b/c well he only jumped out that once and learned it hurt real bad! And I have no reason to need to switch him so I am waiting. P moved pretty much on his own at like 21-22 months....SO L seems so big to me to be in a crib....but I don't care!
Jax looks like he's lovin life just floating around. You're all so cute!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment