Thursday, July 15, 2010

As of late...


Nothing super crazy going on around here these days, but that's okay with me!  We've been having some fun at-home summer fun.  Pretty much that means we go swimming every day.  We go to grandma and grandpa's pool, the rec. center, our neighborhood pool, and friends' pools.  So with all the variation we don't really get bored!  

Jaxon is doing really great in the water.  He CAN swim by himself, but he doesn't like to.  Any time I can convince him to take off his water wings he will swim a short distance alone and then come up saying "I'm okay mom, I'm okay" in a relieved voice.  So I usually just let him wear his water wings and with those on he's a happy little fish.  He's even gotten brave enough to jump off the waterfall at grandma and grandpa's which is a couple feet above the water!  He's definitely not scared of the water; he just has a healthy respect for it!



Madi just finished swimming lessons, which she loved.  She didn't really need any work on her front crawl, but we haven't done much with back crawl.  I can definitely say she has improved, and I'm glad I didn't have to teach her.  I taught swimming lessons for 6 years, but knowing her personality and her tendency to argue with me on every single point, I figured I'd leave the teaching up to someone else!  Well worth it! This is her "last day" pic.   She said she was doing a movie star pose.


We took down Jaxon's crib, so now he HAS to sleep in his big-boy bed.  He's done great.  It hasn't been a difficult transition at all!  Horray!  To go along with his big-boy bed we (I) decided to buckle down and give him a big-boy haircut.  Chris FINALLY admitted that long and shaggy might, maybe, possibly  not be the right look for Jaxon's hair type.  I took advantage of his indecisiveness and made an executive decision.  

Before:


After:



Doesn't he look so much cooler (cooler as in less hot, sweaty, and sticky).  He looks older, too.  I really like his hair this way.  Chris is okay with it, I think.  He's kind of going through withdrawals, but I think it will be okay.




3 comments:

Kelly said...

oh, jax is soooo handsome in that little haircut...weird how it makes him look so different...but definately cooler :)

Danielle and Trev said...

Madi is so cute with her little swimming lessons!!! And Jaxon totally has the Porter butt chin, haha!!! I love those two :)

Anna@Exasperation said...

Oh Jax's hair turned out super cute!!