Thursday, July 22, 2010

Just for laughs

I'm sitting by the pool watching madi and her cousin, Austin, swim. Those two are little fish! Jax is sleeping so I can just sit and watch! It's heavenly. I keep wondering why I'm crazy enough to have a third kid when both of my kids are at the point where they can play alone without someone always beside them. But then I look at all the tiny baby clothes I've moved into jaxon's changing table and I hear the kids talking about baby c and I get excited. It's gonna be a little nuts for a while but it'll be great! Anyway, enough rambling. I just wanted to record A few chuckles I've had with the kids recently, mostly for posterity and grandma :)

- Jaxon pretty much has me wrapped around his little finger. It's pathetic. Sometimes at night when he's going to sleep he cries and I go to check on him. He alwyas says "can I have a little rock mom?". I should stay strong and make him lay down but I always give in. I can't help it.

- Jaxon has no volume control, especially at church. Every week he ends up making everyone sitting around us bust up laughing. A couple weeks ago we were singing " today while the sunshines" and on the last verse when we got to the chorus he started singing "today today today" REALLY loud. Instead of being good parents and telling him to be quiet chris and I were both laughing our heads off.

- I made the mistake of teaching Jaxon his colors. This is a mistake because now he knows the difference and his favorite color is orange. If he doesn't get orange we have big problems.

- it's very obvious that jax is a second child. He says things that madi never said at this age because he has her as an example. He always wants " five minutes" when it's time for bed. He also says things like " oh my goodness" "allll right" and " I know, mom, I know". He also tattles on Madison.

-Madison has also picked up on an interesting habit. She has started saying "like" all the time. I guess she gets it from me, which is kind of embarrassing, but it's pretty funny to hear it from a four-year-old.

- Madison asked me the other day if the baby was holding his breath under the water when we are swimming. It's hard to explain fetal development to a four-year-old.

- Madison keeps asking me how she's going to take care of two babies. She said she will feed the baby and hold him, but no changing diapers. We made a deal that if I change all the diapers she'll do the rest. I can live with that!

- the other night madi told me that she wants me to go to work and daddy to stay home. I asked her why and she said " cause daddy is the greatest and he doesn't do jobs all day. He just plays with us". I asked her who would clean the house if I went to work and she said "we wouldn't make any messes if you were at work".

- on that same note I was upstairs getting ready a couple weeks ago and madi came up to ask me a question. Chris was downstairs sitting next to her on the couch and so I asked her why she didn't just ask daddy. "i didn't want to bug him" she said.

4 comments:

Abby said...

haha, your kids are so funny. I especially like when Madi says she wants dad home and you to work. I'm sure my kids will say the same thing someday.

Unknown said...

cutie pies, gotta love em!

Danielle and Trev said...

Haha, we wouldn't make any messes if you were at work. Ha!

Porter's Post said...

You're life will be so easy when you only have to change diapers, nothing else!

Lucky!!!