Temperatures here have been pretty much perfect for the last couple of weeks. We're talking mid 70's and sun almost every day. The great spring weather will soon be gone, however. Temps today are in the low 90's and pretty soon the pool will be our only outdoors activity. I'm a big whimp when it comes to the heat. Once it's past 90 I do NOT go outside for recreation unless I'm going to get wet.
We have had a great time with some fun spring activities, though!
Last week our neighbor gave us some free tickets to a minor league baseball game. Free tickets that included free parking and free lunch! So we asked our good friend JJ and his mom to join us for the game. The boys made it through about 3 innings, but they had a blast. Jaxon took full advantage of the free food. He had about 3 bags of popcorn and 3 hot dogs.
Last Thursday we went to see the bluebonnets. They only stay in bloom for a couple of weeks, so we have to make sure to see them while they are out.
There were a million ant hills in the blue bonnet field. I think Madison stepped in half of them. She refused to sit down to take get her picture taken. Probably a smart move.
This is the only picture I got where all the kids are facing the camera.
Yes. He is as happy and jolly as he looks!
Last Friday we were invited to cook out with some friends at the park. Here's my little man in his little camp chair sticking out his little tongue.
Sunday was family dinner and our annual Easter Egg hunt. We hosted this year.
Blackmail pic. of grandpa. I'm going to have to find a way to get this distributed in his stake... he's in the stake presidency. Great skipping President Wise!
Hunting for those eggs
Everything makes this kid happy.
The loot!
Rollin' in it!
Giggling with grandpa!
While the family was over we sang happy birthday to this sweet girl. She is going to be FIVE next week. I can't even believe it. I just enrolled her for Kindergarten... seriously?! I'm excited for her, but I don't know if I'm ready to have kids in real school.
Here is a picture of my sweet new niece, Elisa Noelle. Madison and I are so excited to have a little girl to spoil. We went up to the hospital to see her and I asked Madison if she thought the baby was beautiful. Madison said, "Well, her bow was beautiful." I don't know if she expected her to be wearing a tiara and a ball gown or something, but I'm sure Madison will be more than happy to show Elisa the ropes!
And here's a little contrast for you. It's amazing how much babies grown in only 8 months. It makes me feel like Colton isn't a newborn anymore, which makes me sad.
















4 comments:
that looks like a pretty difficult easter egg hunt there...
I LOVE love love the picture with Colton sticking his tongue out!
And the one of all 3 of your kids... I know I tell you this all the time... but they seriously look like they could be from 3 different families! (three families with very attractive parents though :))
And I can't believe Madison is almost 5?!?!?
I can't wait to see you all!!!!
I like posts like this with a million pictures :)
Colton is so huge! That last picture makes me laugh! He is so cute, I just want to squeeze his cheeks. We HAVE to get together soon! Maybe camping in a couple months?
Love the blue bonnet pictures, i've always wanted to be down there when they are in season. Seth and I are pretty jealous of your nice weather, it's been snowing and raining here ... we've got major spring fever and it's almost going to be MAY!
I can't believe you're going to have a kindergartener ... that makes you like a "real" mom! LOL ... crazy, how time flys by!
Post a Comment