Anyway, it's been a normal, crazy, hectic, fun, gross, couple of weeks.
Quick recap:
- Baby shower for Aunt Cristina. For the last 5 years Madison has been the only girl grandchild on either side of our family. Not for long. Any day now we will have a little girl cousin/niece and we are super excited. We did a super fun pink/princess baby shower for Aunt Cristina a couple weeks ago and Madison was in HEAVEN. I let her stay up late and dress like a princess and be in charge of the gifts. She did a great job and added some fun entertainment!
- General Conference. I always love conference. We played some conference bingo with Madison and Jaxon, mostly Madison, and she really got into it. She lasted all of the first Sunday session and a good chunk of the second session. Best quote from conference: Jaxon was listening to President Monson and he said, "Mom, look, it's President Monster. Raaar." Yeah, not really the image we were hoping to connect with the prophet, but at least he recognizes him, right?
- Pukes. Madison, Jaxon, and I have passed around the stomach flu. Lovely, lovely. Colton escaped, as did Chris, of course. Chris has only thrown up one time in the 7 years I've known him. ONE. I've thrown up well in the 100's. So not fair. Anyway, I spent quite a bit of time cleaning up puke. It's amazing how something like the flu can literally throw off your schedule for an entire week.
- First swim. I know that many parts of the country are experiencing some cold temps. right now. We aren't. It's HOT, so last Saturday we went out to visit grandma and grandpa Wise and take a quick dip in the pool. The water was cold, but the kids still swam a little bit and then had fun wading around in the shallow part.
- Squishing the baby. Lately I've had a hard time doing anything other than squish Colton and make him laugh. I just LOVE him. He's so cute and so happy and so "puffy" (that's what Madison called him the other day). Chris keeps teasing me because I always talk about the next baby. I do NOT want to be pregnant any time soon, having the flu last week was a good reminder of that. But I just LOVE this little guy and I want a million more of him. Too bad all good babies turn into 2-year-olds!
Madison is sitting right next to me. Here are some words from her:
She's the most excited "about my birthday because we are doing a rapunzel birthday." She is also excited to "go to grandma and grandpa's because I like my grandpa buying me gum. He will wrap gum up and then I can have gum all day and all night whenever I want. Because whatever I get for my birthday I can do whatever I want with it." Her favorite thing to do at home is "to play in the backyard." She likes to play "tag and races and swinging."
The End



2 comments:
Ha! I wish kids would just skip the years between 2-4 and just be 4! I hear 4 is the best age. President Monster is the funniest thing I've heard! You should write him that story.
Oh my gosh, Brian has thrown up like once too. He thinks illness is all in your head, it makes me sooo mad.
Post a Comment