A couple months ago, during a temporary lapse of judgement, I signed up to run a half marathon. That half marathon was today. It was really hard. I learned a lot about myself, though.
- I learned that I CAN run much further than I ever thought I could
- I learned that I CAN push through injuries
- I learned that I CAN give birth and still reach new heights physically afterward
- I learned that I am NOT a long distance runner. Mid distance maybe. Six- 10 miles is feasible, 13.1 is pushing it.
- I learned that running a half marathon in Dallas in May is probably not the best idea for me. I don't do well with heat (I actually tried to convince Chris today that I don't want Jaxon to play baseball because I don't want to be hot at his games, I'm lame I know).
- I was reminded that I do NOT do well under pressure. I ALWAYS do bad when I run races. I just never perform the way I do when I train. I think that's my next goal: run a GOOD race, but not a good 1/2 marathon, I'm thinking a 10K or something.
But, it was fun. It was super hard. I didn't meet my goal time. BUT I completed the race, I ran at least 90% of it, and I can definitely say I gave it everything I had.
The end of the race. I wanted to die.
Our friend Jessica made these fun signs. The Shobes ran with me. Or I should say I ran with them.
For the record Chad won.
My sign.
Chad, Elizabeth, me, and Jessica. Jessica is my hero. She WON her age group.
Me and my buddy!
Madison and I at a race in Provo back in the day :)







7 comments:
Whoo hoo-- way to go Sarah! So proud of you for pushing yourself and finishing the race! Get some good recovery sleep and rest tonight and tomorrow. It's MOther's Day- you deserve it!
You did great! I'm glad you learned a lot about yourself. Looking for a good 10K, eh? I am running the Sizzlin' Summer 10K in July ... :)
Congratulations to you all! I was wondering today how it went and didn't get a chance to ask you! You guys are amazing!
You are my inspiration!!! BTW, LOVE the signs!
Yaaaaaaa! Go Sarah go. I also realized a lot of those things!
You look sooo good! How do you get a flat stomach after 3? I'm struggling with that.
And yes we have to get togethe soon.
Congrats!! That is so awesome! That would be REALLY hot in May! I am so impressed! You look great for running 13.1! Way to go!
Great job! You did it!!!
Post a Comment