I have to be honest. I don't mean to sound dramatic, but I think I have mild SAD (you know, seasonal affective disorder). Cause every stinkin' year January is such a struggle. I just want to hide in my bed and be useless. Which is not very normal for me. However, when Valentine's day comes around and there's lots of crafts, fun and chocolate, I start perking up.
Thank goodness. And seriously, I know I'm totally being a wimp, cause it hasn't even been that cold here. I have no idea why January always kicks my butt, it just does.
This might affect my mood a little. When the kids are inside all day they trash it and that makes me cranky. I'm not a neat-freak, but this is just ridiculous. I made the boys clean it up themselves, but we all know that it's almost more work to supervise cleaning than to clean it up.
Anyway, we've had a fun couple weeks celebrating Valentine's Day and all that goes with it. I'm well aware that this is a super-random post, but I have a lot of random things to catch up on!
For starters, Madison and Chris went to the daddy daughter dance for their third time, which is pretty much the highlight of Madison's year. I found her dress on clearance at Nordstrom Rack for $12 and I was SO excited because it's gorgeous and it has sleeves. So hard to find!
While Chris and Madi were out dancing, the boys and I met some friends at the Lego store, which is pretty much the highlight of Jaxon's life, so a good night was had by all.
Just for fun I decided to make the boys some heart bowties (the little white dots are actually hearts). Can we all just agree that Colton is a stud?
Jaxon is in that I-can't-smile-normal stage, this is the best I could get of him.
I made Madi a little matching skirt with a felt heart pocket. I know, I know I'm a nerd, whatever.
We also did our annual Valentine's cookie decorating night.
Jaxon worked really hard using lots of different colors of frosting and candy and sprinkles to make this cookie.
Madi's cookie decorating skills are definitely improving.
Chris was very helpful sampling the finished product.
For Valentine's Day Chris bought me my very first box of chocolates all for me!!! I was pretty excited. And there is only one left. Don't judge me, k :) We did our normal Valentine's day movie night on Thursday. Then for our Valentine's date we went to stake conference on Saturday! Very romantic!
Colton was excited to get Valentine's in the mail from grandma and grandpa!
Jaxon spent the afternoon sorting through his Valentine loot.
This is the only picture I got of Madison on Valentine's day. I do (kind of) love listening to her read. I love that she's getting better and so much more fluid, but she's at the age where she reads the first couple letters and guesses the rest and it makes me crazy! (This is why I don't home school.)
This last weekend we went up to our friend's land in Bonham with the cousins.
They love each other.
We worked on a little target practice with the BB gun.
And Colton had fun shooting his fake shotgun.
Not to brag, but I'm not a terrible shot.
Chris enjoyed shooting the new shotgun he got for Christmas!!
And Colton was a great little spectator!
On Saturday morning, before we headed up to Bonham, we got up early so that the kids could try out for swim team with their friends. They both passed the 25m swim test! I'm super excited for them to be on swim team this summer!
This is just a random, adorable picture of how much Colton LOVES his cars.
And finally, just for the record, I'm still a member of this family and I am/was at every event. I just never get in the picture. So here's a selfie of Colton and I at Jaxon's soccer practice last week!
























No comments:
Post a Comment