One of the things that has been on my mind a lot lately is how much I'm going to miss having little kids someday. I mean, I'm definitely not going to miss sweeping the floor all day and stepping on legos all over the house, but I know I am really, really going to miss some of the sweet little moments that only come with young, innocent kids.
Jaxon, especially, I will miss. Mostly because I feel like his personality will change the most when he grows up. He has the sweetest, happiest, most positive disposition of any kid I have ever met. The other day we had a picnic on the front lawn for dinner and that kid was BEYOND thrilled that he got to eat a sandwich outside for dinner. Seriously. Every day he tells me that he loves me and he never wants to leave me. One day he had the flu and had to miss a concert and stay in bed and he told me, "This is the best day ever because I get to watch movies and drink juice all day!" He just kills me. And when he grows up to a be a cranky, hormonally-charged, surely teenager I'm going to be so sad.
Anyway, even though these tiny, needy people wear me out, I'm going to really, really miss them when they grow up and they aren't my little buddies anymore. Some of the things I will miss the most:
when they actually want me at their performances and jump up and down when they see me (this was at Madi's drill-team camp performance a couple weeks ago)
when they want to help with everything and look so cute doing it!
after bath time snuggles, why are squishy babies so cute when they are in towels?
trips to the museum
awesome costumes!
when they actually want to hang out with me in the evenings and get excited for FHE game night
more awesome costumes and dress up days at preschool
going to the library together and being so excited about super-hero books
posing for pictures because it's fun
playing dress-up with friends and still fitting in the cart all at the same time
feeding superheros breakfast and other such sweet, imaginative play
snuggling together on a rare nap day
Oh goodness! Little kids are so awesome. I think I can hold off on them growing up for quite a lot longer!












1 comment:
I agree! I need to stop and remember this more often because those old ladies who say it passes in the blink of an eye are probably right. :) Such cute kids you have!
Post a Comment