Okay. So here's another major update from the Wise family. Let's be honest, that's all there are these days. Every couple of weeks seems to be as often as I can sit down to do this.
Here goes:
Madi had open house at school. She did an awesome research project about seals. She was so proud.
Madi was also awarded all three of the principal's awards available at her school. There were only about 10 kids in the whole first grade who got all three.
The weather has been so nice lately. We've been enjoying spring. Colton LOVES for me to draw him parking lots that he can park his cars in.
I got to go on Madi's 1st grade field trip to the aquarium. It was fun to have some time with just my girl!
This is a silly shark sitting on the shark tunnel. I thought it was funny :)
For spring break the kids and I drove up to Arkansas to visit the Wise Grandparents. The drive up was through terrible rain, and I almost had a panic attack it was so scary. I was praying and wishing Chris was there the whole time, but we made it. We had fun and we got to see lots of fun old stuff with Grandma. The native american museum:
Crystal Bridges Art Museum, thankfully they had a kids' section, because it was not a kid museum!
An old flour mill and an old bridge.
The site of an old saw mill.
Colton also discovered a new hobby: throwing rocks in the water. He threw them on our hike.
And he threw them when we went to Devil's Den State park, except that he threw one a little too hard and ended up in the lake with the rock. Thankfully grandma fished him out quickly. I was taking Madison to the bathroom.
Devil's Den State Park had a really pretty waterfall. The kids loved climbing around on the rocks.
Then grandma had to leave so, through a series of events, I ended up on a 1.5 mile hike with three kids, by myself, in the middle of the woods. And I got to carry this cute, but heavy, lump the whole way.
It was worth it though. We found a pretty waterfall.
a few caves,
and a pretty river.
Then we drove back to Texas. Which was a much better drive than the way up, except I'm not as familiar with the drive and we ended up eating at the NASTIEST "Dairy Queen" ever. There was no other choice and the kids were about ready to revert to cannibalism. I put Dairy Queen in quotes because they sold Dairy Queen desserts, but they had a local menu for food. Madison got nachos, and the cheese was so terrible it turned her teeth yellow. Colton did love their huge fries though.
Friday of spring break Colton got ear tubes. I'm so hopefully that this will fix his ear issues. He has had 7 ear infections in 13 months. It was a quick procedure and recovery. My only complaint is that I had to wake up at 5:45 to get him to the hospital on time.
After we got back from the hospital I took a nap with Mr. Colton. Then Madison and her friend, Ashlee, had a lemonade stand. Madison has been BEGGING me to do this for almost a year now. I was afraid it was going to be a huge failure, but thankfully a couple kids from the neighborhood came, I also texted all our friends in the neighborhood, and one wonderful, saintly woman stopped and paid the girls $5 for a cup! She's my hero.
All in all it was a successful day, so we went to Braum's to let the girls spend their hard-earned money. They were happy little business owners.
Saturday we went on a picnic to the lake with Dad. Colton obviously hasn't learned his lesson, because he spent the whole time asking me to find him rocks to throw in the lake.
And on Sunday, we didn't do anything special for St. Patrick's Day, but Madison did make us a delicious treat. She wants to be a baker someday, so she insists we make a dessert every Sunday, not that she I ever need much convincing :) She found this St. Patrick's day treat in a cook book she checked out from the library.






















No comments:
Post a Comment