Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day


Look at me!  I'm blogging about something that happened less than a week ago, rather than a month after it happened!  Miracles never cease.  

Last weekend we had the awesome opportunity to go with my entire family through the Kansas City temple so that my little brother could get his endowments before he goes on his mission to Brazil in July!


I also finally go to meet my newest nephew, Milo, aka. rod baby.  He is probably the stiffest baby I've ever met.  So funny!


Here's the whole family after the temple!  It was such a great night.  Although, I did look over at Seth and think "when did they start letting little kids in the temple".  Not because Seth is too young or immature, but because he's 10 years younger than me, and still think I'm only 23 or 24.  So that would make him 13.  Sheesh.  Time flies!


After Seth went through the temple we all drove down to Arkansas and rented a cabin on the lake for 3 days.  It was HEAVENLY.  We had our own private dock!  The water was pretty chilly, so we mostly just sat on the dock and jet skied and did a little, tiny bit of swimming!


Poor blue lipped Jaxon.  He was shaking like crazy, but he refused to stay out in the sun.  This kid loves the water!


Colton didn't mind the cold water too much!


Madi and Aunt Danielle were pretty much inseparable.  Kind of crazy how much they look alike.



We also got to see grandma and grandpa Wise and our Texas cousins.  I think grandpa is going to need a bigger boat pretty soon.  He's running out of room for grandkids!


We did lots of sunbathing!


The boys played lots of pool


The weather was gorgeous and we ate all our meals on the back deck overlooking the lake!


We had a little family photo shoot, obviously unplanned since we aren't matching or wearing nice clothing, but the lake and the green trees were gorgeous!  


Then the kids practiced their karate moves.  



The siblings enjoyed one last photo shoot together before sending Elder Porter off to Brazil.


And my kids spent a lot of time loving on (and slightly smothering) baby Milo.  They were all completely enamored with him!



Especially Colton who insisted on holding and playing with Milo the whole trip.  He kept saying "Awe, he's so toot."


And one last pic of Seth with his niece and nephews.  



Finally, I don't want to forget that last week was also Jaxon's last week of preschool.  I took him to get a slushee after his last day.  He wanted a corn dog instead.  And he was super proud of his crown that he made!  I can't believe Jaxon will be in Kindergarten next year.   Somehow having two kids in school makes me feel a lot more like my little family is growing up.  Colton is starting preschool next fall, too.  Which means that two days a week all the kids will be in school.  



No comments: