Thursday, May 16, 2013

The end of April and the first half of May

Seriously.  Where does the time keep going?  My goodness.  

As always, we have a little catching up to do here.  Here's what the last few weeks have looked like here in good 'ol Texas.



Jaxon had a preschool field trip at the zoo.  He pretended he was being eaten by an alligator.


Colton and Jaxon LOVED the water features at the zoo!


It's been unusually cool here this spring, but we did have a couple of days warm enough for the sprinkler under the trampoline!


Colton is in love with my old pink flip phone.  He is mostly in love with pretending to take pictures with it.  


Chris ran his first 5K and I ran it with him.  It was a fun race.  Chris did great and I was really proud of him for running.  He hates running!


Sometimes when Monday is super crazy we just take an FHE bike ride and call it good.  Colton likes to  pack heat in his cozy coupe.


At our house piano practice can sometimes be a contact sport.  Madison is getting really good at tuning out distractions (pun intended :).


It was the 150th day of school a couple weeks ago so they had a 50's sock hop.  I made Madison a little poodle skirt and she was beyond thrilled. 


Madison went ahead and turned 7 even though I told her not to.  We had a little milk shake date on her birthday just the two of us. 


She had a movie night with her friends to celebrate and requested rainbow cake!


We had a wonderful warm day off of school at the end of April so we hit the beach at the lake.  


Jaxon built a trench.  


Madison became a mermaid. 


All the kids had a blast.  


Swim team practice started for the season.  Madison LOVES it!  Jaxon made it through 1/2 of one practice and decided he didn't know how to swim anymore.  Really I think he's intimidated by the structure of the practice and the length of the pool.  He passed the 25 meter swim test with no issues back in February.  But I'm not going to force a barely five-year-old to swim endless laps.  We will try again next year!


Hairy Garry (aka my brother Garrett) and his sweet wife came to visit for about 36 hours.  It was great to see them!


We went swimming in our neighbor's pool!  The water is still too crazy cold for me, but thankfully the kids are awesome swimmers and Colton has his floaties.  So I just play lifeguard and soak up the sun!


We went to a fun cinco de mayo party and Madison was very excited to wear the dress we got her in Mexico last year.  


Jaxon thinks he's a ninja spy and likes to create his own uniforms.  


We celebrated the only two Wise girls' birthdays!  


Madison was invited to go to the Miracle League baseball game to help one of the students in her class. Evidently she's been going and helping in their class all year.  I'm proud of her and her compassion towards those who are different!


We had a fun picnic by the pool with friends and cousins.  Somehow I ended up with 6 kids at the pool one night.  But they can all swim, so it's really just a matter of counting them!


Jaxons DESPERATELY needs a haircut.  We will have to fit that in sometime soon :)


Madison had her piano recital last week.  She did wonderfully.  I took no pictures.  Darn it.  We did go out to eat afterwards, though.  And it was a beautiful evening to eat on the patio.  


Colton fell asleep in church on Mother's Day and I got Mother's Day snuggles.  Best ever.  


Finally.  Today I got to help in Jaxon's class with field day!  I LOVE that he still wants me around and that he still wants to give me hugs and kisses in public.  It will be a sad, sad day when he's too cool for that!

No comments: