Monday, July 01, 2013

Crazy, Crazy June

I'm not going to lie.  June kind of kicked my butt this year.  I think I might spend then next two months recovering from the craziness of this last month.  

(this picture has nothing to do with this post, but it makes me laugh, so I had to include it)


Here's a recap:

Madison started swim team, which she loves!  She has practice for an hour, 4 days a week and swim meets every Saturday.  It's the perfect summer activity for my little fish who needs LOTS of entertainment. 


Jaxon (and cousin Ethan) turned 5!  


We took the kids to lego land to celebrate!  Obviously Colton has been taking "posing" lessons from his sister. 


And Jaxon just can't be serious to save his life!  But he LOVED lego land. 


The kids especially loved the 4D movies!


School also finished up, finally.  Seriously, we went until June 7 this year and it felt like forever!  We went to the coolest park ever with some friends to celebrate the last day of school!


Then we went to a block party in our neighborhood.  Colton was thrilled about his snow cone. 


This is just a random, funny picture of Colton with some glasses Madison made at school.  Her teacher retired this year and Madison came home with lots of extra "stuff" that her teacher gave away.  Unfortunately, most of that junk somehow got lost in the move.


So the first part of June was pretty typical, end-of-year stuff.  Then came the crazy part: moving/girls camp/pregnancy/insanity.  The kids were super excited to finally get the keys to our new house, so we went over to check it out and have a picnic dinner. 


The next day I left for girls camp.  Where we saw a few of these:


And had a shaving cream fight.  And of course did all the other normal girls camp stuff.  We had 30 girls this year and it was SUPER hot, but we had a great time!  I was really worried about getting sick while I was at camp because, at 15 weeks, I was still working through morning sickness, but Chris gave me a blessing before I left and I felt great the whole time.  Morning sickness came back as soon as I got home, but the four days I was there I felt awesome!


I feel really blessed that I have been able to go to camp the last 3 years!  I love these girls and I'm going to miss them a lot!


They did make me a really sweet cake at the last activity I went to!  It's nice to be loved and missed :)


The day after camp Madison had her ballet recital.  She did beautifully as always!


Grandma Wise was able to come and watch.  We loved having her here.  This picture really amazed me because I never realized how much Madison and Debbie look alike, but they are kind of twins!


Then the next day was father's day.  Which was a total whirlwind.  Poor Chris got IBC rootbeer for Father's Day because his lame wife was too crazy-busy with everything else.  We had Jon and Cristina and the cousins over along with Grandma Wise and Uncle Sean and Uncle Nathan for Father's Day dinner.   Chris wasn't feeling good, so he didn't even enjoy it.  Oh and the kids were terrible at church.  The only picture I got from the whole day was Jaxon doing sit-ups during sacrament meeting.  Sheesh. 


Then the next day we started packing.  I had already packed some things, but between girls camp and morning sickness I wasn't as on top of it as I would have like to have been.  Thankfully we only moved about 2.5 miles, so a lot of stuff we just brought over in laundry baskets.  The kids were amazingly patient and helpful.  I think everything would have gone very smoothly had I not gotten the stomach flu on Tuesday.  Seriously.  Being pregnant and having the flu is terrible.  But, despite all the hang-ups, and after a million trips between houses, we got everything ready to be moved out Saturday.  Colton thought it was really cool to hang out in his camp chair and watch me unload the van.  


Colton also thought it was really cool to ride in the big moving truck with daddy.  He was pretty much in heaven!


So Saturday we got everything into the new house.  Then we had a week to get everything cleaned up at the old house.  To make life even more exciting, our microwave at the old house broke and our water shut-off valve behind our fridge broke.  So all last week we kept making trips to the old house to get stuff cleaned out and to meet repair guys for the microwave and the water valve--which also ended up involving drywall repair. Our buyers were also being really annoying and pushy and causing us a lot of extra stress.  We finally closed on Friday and Chris and I were both incredibly relieved to be done with the whole deal.   I thought I was going to be sentimental about leaving our old house, but after the mess of last week I was mostly just relieved.   

We did finally get to do a fun, family activity on Friday, though.  We took the kids and went to see Rise of the Guardians at the pool!  We go every year and the kids LOVE it!  (And yes, Madison is amazingly tan.)


And finally, a baby update.  I'm 18 weeks and feel a lot better.  I always feel a tiny bit sick, but I haven't thrown up for 10 days, so that's a big improvement!!!  I'm much smaller this go-round than I was with Colton, which I'm incredibly thankful for.  My pregnancy with Colton was just terrible all the way around and I'm grateful that this one has been better.  The kids are getting excited for baby brother.  They like to come up with crazy names for him like "car", which was actually Jaxon's suggestion.  Jaxon also really likes the name Lewis for some reason.  They all got to hear the heartbeat today and Jaxon thought it was the sound of the baby flapping around.  


There you have it.  The not-so-reader's digest version of the last month.  We have a lot more fun and a lot less chaos planned for July and August.  I promised the kids that by 4th of July things would be more sane and I think they will be.  Not that we aren't still wading through boxes, but we are at least functional and very much enjoying our new house!


No comments: