Monday, July 29, 2013

The third Wise man

I feel like my poor 4th child is already being neglected.  In the craziness of life and three other children and all of that I haven't really said a lot about him and this pregnancy.  I do really want to record this experience though.  

For starters, I have been considerably less ill this pregnancy than I was with Colton.  It's been like night and day.  This has been my easiest pregnancy since Madison and I have been SO thankful.  I'm currently 22.5 weeks pregnant.  I have only thrown up once in the last 3 weeks and, even though almost everything makes me feel a little yucky in my stomach, I have felt pretty good for the most part!  With Colton I had constant heartburn and I was still throwing up at this point.  

As far as the big kids go, having older kids and being pregnant has been challenging in some ways, but mostly a lot more fun.   It's challenging because they all have a lot more going on and I can't just rest all day.  It's so much fun, though, to have big kids who totally understand what is going on and who are very excited to have another brother on the way.  I'm pretty sure even Colton gets the general idea that there's a baby inside of me! Both Madison and Jaxon have felt him kick and Madison always asks me if he's kicking around.   I took Madison with me to my 20 week ultra sound and she really enjoyed it!  

Sweet Madison has definitely been a life saver and very much aware of the whole pregnancy process!  We didn't tell the kids that I was pregnant until we told the whole family, but Madison figured it out after I had been throwing up regularly for about 4 weeks.  She asked me straight up if I was "pregnant or something" and I couldn't say "no".  I figured if she was smart enough to figure it out she was smart enough to be trusted to keep it a secret for a couple of weeks.  And she did a great job!  When we told Jaxon he was having another brother he just smiled really big and said,"What's his name?"  When we told him we didn't know he said, "Oh, I know, we can call him Lewis."

The kids are still having a blast coming up with baby names.  Right now they each have their own favorite.  Colton wants to name the baby tree.  Jaxon wants to name him Little Tex.  Madison wants Nacho Libre.  Obviously they just think they are hilarious to come up with ridiculous names.  We don't have a name picked out, though, so their input is as good as any!


Anyway, here's an ultra sound pic. of the little guy.  I know it's all black and white and blurry, but I think it's a pretty cute little picture and I'm excited to meet the little guy!


The other day I made the boys some new bow ties and I went ahead and made little man one, too.   Who said sewing for boys isn't fun?!


I also scored a sweet craigslist find for #4.  When we were moving and we took apart our old crib it broke.  That poor crib had been moved 4 times and abused for 7 years.  It pretty much just gave out on us.  So I scoured craigslist and found this baby!  It came with a matching dresser that the big boys can use!  I love craigslist!


And finally here's a belly pic.  I'm a LOT smaller this go-round than I was with Colton.  I've gained less than 10 pounds and I'm very much enjoying not hefting around all that weight.  I gained at least 20 in my first 20 weeks with Colton.  I have no clue why I've gained less.  Possibly because eating sugar of almost any kind makes me super sick (seriously, ice cream, chocolate, candy, I can't handle any of it).  But that hasn't stopped me from eating lots of fast food.  I think life has just been really crazy and I haven't had time to sit down. 


Here's a comparison shot.  This is 20 weeks pregnant with Colton.  


So I guess the moral of this story is: this pregnancy is better than my pregnancy with Colton and I'm so glad :)


He was SO worth it though! (This was at the pool today.  He fell asleep while I was holding him!)

So, yay for #4!  We are all getting very excited around here!  (and slightly nervous cause it's been a while since we've had a baby and I think going back to that stage will be a little bit of a shock :)







2 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

Wow! You are tiny. You look great. I'm glad everything is going well.

Jeni said...

I like little tex. does my vote count?! You look so good Sarah!!