This fall has been a blessing. We had a crazy, whirlwind spring and summer with morning sickness, moving, selling a house, girls camp, swim team, traveling, company and other such mayhem. This fall has been amazing. We've had a rare few weeks where we've been able to stay on a schedule, get things done, and spend time with our family. I've felt balanced and in-control, which rarely happens. I'm very much enjoying this calm before the storm, because I know when baby #4 comes we will be back into insanity again!
Here's what normal life looks like:
walking to and from school, the big kids ride their scooters, one day Colton didn't get a nap, so he fell asleep in the stroller, poor kid
homework, this was a career week assignment, we had a lot of fun being creative
being silly
pizza dates, we live in walking distance to quite a few restaurants, Chris was at the temple one Saturday evening, so I took the kids on a walk to Cici's
Jaxon was thrilled that he could eat as much pizza as he wanted!
Birthdays! I turned 29, for the first time, a couple weeks ago. Chris took me out on a fun date and even made me a bundt cake! The kids were really sweet to me all day. Jaxon even planned a special game of super heroes for us to play together since it was my special day!
reading practice, now that we have a schedule I've been going hardcore on getting this kid reading, he was able to read before he started school, but the only way to improve reading is to practice, practice, practice
bagel dates with my buddy, I've eaten more cinnamon raisin bagels with pumpkin shmear than I care to admit, I just can't help it, it's been one of the few things that sounds good, and there's an Einstein Brothers right by the gym/sprouts/Hobby Lobby, which is where I spend a lot of my time!
house projects, this is just one of a few, I'm reusing my plane theme from the boys' old room for the nursery, Madison got a new, queen size bed when we moved, so the baby gets her old trundle, it used to be pink, now it's red
lunch dates with my kids, they only get ice cream when I come to eat with them, which makes them really excited to see me, I do this on purpose so my kids want to see me more :)
last day of swimming, this was only a week ago, it was a warm September
this kid, he kills me
date nights, Chris took Madison ice skating and I took the boys to a movie
baptisms, Madison will be 8 in April, so all of her friends are starting to be baptized, this is Madison's bff that she's been friends with since she was 2, I can't believe they are both so grown up!
naps with my baby!
roller skating parties, these kids both loved roller skating, I think Madi might need some skates for Christmas!
primary program Sunday, the kids both did great! also, I want to have Madison's dress for myself, also, too Jaxon has obviously outgrown his suit, which is sad because he really loved it
after school crafts, Madison LOVES baking and making food crafts
Halloween costumes, I got the boys their pirate swords, they were only a little excited!
morning visitors, I woke to this guy in my bathroom one morning, he was little, not scary, but still gross
date nights at the fair, we've gotta squeeze in a few more date nights, cause when #4 comes along it'll be a long time before I will be leaving all the kids with a sitter!
walks to get donuts, Chris and the big kids were cleaning the church and going to tennis practice, so my little man and I walked to get donuts!
conference bingo!
running errands, Colton is really easy to take places, most of the time, I just have to keep him in the cart, otherwise he has to show me EVERYTHING, although this pumpkin was pretty cool!
sick days, Jaxon had a stomach ache and threw up last night, he's been fine today, but I can't send him to school when he's just thrown up, Colton was thrilled to have his buddy home all day, Jaxon invented a new way to ride his scooter, using his carseat
nesting, my nesting stage has finally kicked in and I've gotten SO MUCH done, seriously, I am so thankful for this nesting instinct that has made up for my sluggish first and second trimesters, I finally unpacked the last box that was still sitting in our office, I've also tackled about a million other things that I've been putting off!!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment