A happy baby picture to start out a happy year:
I love a new year! I don't always believe in setting new years' resolutions, mostly because I don't think that goals should be set once a year. I'm a big goal setter, but I tend to set goals periodically, as circumstances/schedules change. However, this new year happens to start exactly at the right time for me to set some good goals. My baby is almost 6 weeks old. The kids are back in school. The holidays are over. It's busy season again. It's time to reevaluate and start fresh!
I really need a fresh start. The last two years have been very much consumed with trying to get Mr. Hudson into our family. 2012 I spent trying, unsuccessfully to get pregnant and most of 2013 I was pregnant. Now that's not saying that I didn't do anything for those two years, but let's be honest, when I'm trying to get pregnant I kind of live in limbo-- don't make big commitments, don't plan too far ahead, don't worry too much about the spare tire etc.
Anyway, I feel like a very long phase has passed and now I've got these four awesome, crazy kids. It's time to move on and think about the future without worrying about getting/being pregnant! It's a good feeling.
What's in store for 2014?! Well, it's going to be a big year for our family. Madi is going to get baptized. Chris and I will celebrate our 10th anniversary. I'm turning the big 3-0. Hudson will turn one (in 11 more months of course). I'm 99.9% sure we won't be moving and I won't be pregnant, so hopefully it will be slightly less stressful (knock on wood)! My plan is to enjoy a lot of family time with our new little guy.
At the top of my list of goals for 2014 is to blog much more often. I've been slacking. But for Christmas my mom gave me a book with personal histories from quite a few of my ancestors and I was reminded how important keeping a record is for our posterity. Heck, even for me keeping this record is important. I forget all sorts of things unless I write them down!
My goal is to blog once a week, if I can. I'm also going to spend a couple of days catching up, cause obviously the last 3 months have been quite busy and eventful with the addition of baby #4!

1 comment:
What a cutie Hudson is!
I like your goal to blog once a week, I'm looking forward to that!
Post a Comment