Monday, January 13, 2014

Fall festivities

This fall was a fun one!  Now that we have my sister living 4.5 hours away in San Angelo, my brother living 4 hours away in Huston, and of course the Wise cousins living a couple miles away, we seem to have family coming in and out non-stop!  We love it!  I feel so blessed that my kids get to know their cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents so well!  

Our first visitors last fall were Aunt Danielle, Uncle Trevor, and baby Milo.  My kids adore Milo.  In fact, for the first 2-3 weeks after Hudson was born they all kept calling him baby Milo.  While they were here, we took all the kids to a fun little pumpkin patch.  


And we decorated pumpkins with my favorite pumpkin faces:





We also went to an FC Dallas game!  I love that they can just pop into town for the weekend!


Every fall we make sugar cookies and then "boo" our neighbors!  The kids love it!  This year, however, all the cookies stuck to the pan, darn it.  So we had to deliver different goodies instead.  The kids still think it's the coolest thing ever to ding-dong-ditch people!


We went to our annual ward trunk-or-treat.  Jaxon got his face painted and he got this cool mustache. I thought he looked very "manly"!


I finally started getting a few things up on the wall.  It's been slow going.  I'm terrible at making decisions.  I liked how this wall turned out though.  There's a shoe bench underneath for all the kids shoes, too.  Right now it's covered in a million coats as well!



Every once in a while I take Colton to the mall.  I'm not a huge mall shopper, mostly cause I hate dragging the kids there, but every time we got Colton LOVES this ice cream truck.  He would sit and play in it for hours.  He always serves me lots of green ice cream because green is his favorite color!


Of course one of my favorite things about fall is the weather.  We love riding bikes and playing outside.  Our new house has a front drive way instead of an alley, which makes riding bikes so much easier since I don't have to carry everything out front.  Colton still hasn't complained that his tricycle is purple!


Jaxon wasn't too cool to try out Madison's purple bike, either!  He has his own, but it was getting way too small.  Thankfully Santa got the hint and he got a much bigger bike for Christmas!


We went to another FC Dallas game with the family (we get free tickets)!  Mostly the kids love it because they get popcorn!


Colton and I went to the Dallas Arboretum with friends from the ward.  The whole day I was thinking how weird it was to only have one kid to watch.  I usually do things like that when I have all the kids with me, so just having Colton was so fun!  



He was a cute little model the whole day.  The arboretum in the fall is one of my favorite places in Dallas.


Then we had more family come to visit!  Uncle Garrett, Aunt Heidi, and Grandma and Grandpa Porter all came to visit the last weekend in October.  Uncle Garrett brought his longboards and earned the cooled uncle award!  The kids love riding those things!

Everyone went to eat lunch with Madison, too.   It was pretty funny to have 5 adults at one table during 2nd grade lunch!  Madison of course loved it.

We celebrated Grandpa's 53 birthday!  


And we carved pumpkins!!  I like to carve pumpkins when the adult to kid ratio is as high as possible.  Cause my kids still pretty much make me do almost all the work.  They won't even pull out the seeds cause they are slimy.  Little wimps.





After our company left the boys had their annual pumpkin patch field trips.  Jaxon's Kindergarten field trip and Colton's preschool field trip ended up at the same place on the same day.  Which actually was kind of lame because I didn't get to hang out with Jaxon very long.  Colton had fun though.  The goats are very aggressive when they want food.  


We did get to play with Jaxon in the hay maze for a while.  The boys were so happy to see each other!


Colton loved picking out his pumpkins!  He's such a fun little buddy!


Then we had Halloween.  Jaxon and Colton were pirates.  Madison was a 50's girl.  I made the boys costumes.  Madison's skirt was from a dress-up day she did last spring at school. 


Here's a little family selfie for ya!  Chris and I dressed up a little bit, meaning we put on hats.  The kids loved it though!


And for dinner I did a few fun pinterest foods.  Love pinteret.  The kids thought it was awesome!


One day after Halloween we had a cousin play date at the park.  These cousins are so cute together! 



 I finished getting the nursery put together.  We used the same bedding and decor from our old house, because I love it so much!  My dad painted clouds on the wall again!  I love how it turned out!


And finally, the kids had their annual fun-run at school.  They both did great.  Jaxon loved it and still talks about it!  Chris was able to come because we went camping as soon as it was over!  




So yeah, this was kind of a spastic post, but at least it's all on there.  Next up?  Camping in Oklahoma and "what we did in November while we were waiting for the baby who decided not to come until December" .

1 comment:

emilie s. d. p. said...

Your dad is so talented! I love those clouds.