November 30 2013:
Me, on my due date, still pregnant, and, obviously, thrilled about it!
December 2, 2013:
I went to my obgyn appointment that morning hoping and praying that she would be willing to help me out: break my water, strip my membranes, SOMETHING! I was on the waiting list every day that week to be induced, but evidently it was a popular week to have a baby because there were no openings. I really, really wanted to go into labor on my own this time, just for the heck of it, but at this point I felt like I had been plenty patient and I was willing to do whatever it took to get that baby out!!
When I got to my appointment I was super swollen. My blood pressure was also elevated. I really doubt I actually had pre-eclampsia, mostly because I had been to the dr. 6 days earlier and I was fine. I think I was swollen from being on my feet cooking Thanksgiving dinner and trying to go into labor. And my blood pressure was up because I was so nervous about my appointment!!
Anyway, the pre-eclampsia symptoms were enough to get me the green light for induction! So I headed straight over to the hospital next door and Chris met me there! Everything proceeded very smoothly for the first 4 hours. I was admitted. I got my pitocin. They broke my water. I got my epidural. Finally, around 3 p.m. they said I was ready to push. I pushed for about 15 minutes and nothing was happening, so they told me to wait a while to see if he would drop down more. Around 4:15 I started pushing again. He still wasn't moving. Then they realized he was traverse, which means he was looking sideways instead of looking up. It also means he was stuck.
Now let me just say that I was a little prideful going into this delivery. Colton came out in about 3 push,s and I figured that baby #4 would do the same. Not true. I pushed and pushed and pushed for an hour and a half. I've never had to push that long for any of the kids. It was exhausting and I was making only minor progress. Finally, I threw-up (gross I know), but that change in my body and the pressure from my stomach muscles contracting was all it took! At 5:44 p.m. on December 2, 2013 Hudson Conrad Wise was born!!! I was so glad!!!
I cried a lot when I saw him. Half from exhaustion and half from joy! He was such a cute, healthy guy! He weighed 8 lbs. exactly. Which surprised me because I thought he was going to be bigger!!
All the kids were thrilled to hear that he had been born. They were waiting at home with grandma to hear the news! They all came up to see him that night and they were obviously excited:
First family picture, the bed is getting a little full:
We had a nice hospital stay, nothing eventful. He was a great eater from the start! I had fun just cuddling him and enjoying him, since I knew once I got home I'd have to share him!
And now our little man is almost 6 weeks old! Time sure flies faster with every baby! We love him to pieces though and he has been a wonderful newborn!








2 comments:
Stinks that you had to push so long, but great that he was healthy! Isn't it funny how each delivery is so different? Congratulations.
That's Steven's birthday! He was just waiting for that date :-) What a darling baby. Congratulations. Your family is beautiful!
Post a Comment