Wednesday, January 29, 2014

currently

I'm skipping Christmas and the rest of December for now.  I'll go back to it.  But today I was in the mood to write about we've been up to in the last couple of weeks.  It's been a good month so far.  Usually I get kind of down in January.  It's cold.  There's not a lot going on.  Holidays are over.  It's busy season, so I'm playing "single mom" for a while.  Ya know.  January.  Yuck.

This year I've been feeling pretty good, though.  Which is saying something since I've been operating on very little sleep.  We've had a lot going on.  The weather hasn't been too terrible.  Well some days it's terrible and then two days later it's back up in the 60's, crazy Texas.  Here's what January has looked like according to my phone:

swimming lessons for this kid, we are trying to make sure he is super prepared for swim team this summer!


girl scout cookie sales for this girl, she sold over 250 boxes, which made her the top seller for her troop


spirit days at school for these two, we think it's funny that the name of their school is the same as the name of their aunt


sibling love, I'm pretty sure Madison will some day have a million children and she will smother them all in kisses all day, this girl adores babies, and obviously, Hudson adores her


lumberjack Hudson with his mustache-icier, he does well in his carseat, which is good, cause he lives in that thing


more sibling love, Colton is trying to teach him to love trucks as much as he does


delivering cookies at dad's work, Chris sold 110 boxes for Madison, check out that haul!


making the baby do silly tricks, this is what happens when you're exhausted at the end of the day and your husband isn't home yet and you're waiting for the baby to sleep so you can sleep: weird entertainment


family trip to the science museum: aka. Jaxon poses like a girl 


scary dino.,  jazz hands Jaxon


nice dino.,  sappy Jaxon (we really need to work on this) 


bike rides around the neighborhood, we all got bikes for Christmas and we've been enjoying going on real bike rides now that Chris and I can keep up with the kids


trip to the zoo,



 Jaxon made his map into a telescope, well first he made it into an "elephant caller", but after 15 minutes of producing high pitched whines I made him change it


the weather was actually warm enough that day that the kids could wade in the water


and yes, Madison and Jaxon look like twins, they wear the same size now, Madison is about 1 inch taller, but Jaxon is at least 5 pounds heavier 


lots of time in the car waiting for Madison to finish piano, also I need some sun, sheesh, dark circles under the eyes really bring out the pasty skin tone


teaching Colton to use power tools, he was so proud of the shelf we hung in his room


snuggling the chubby baby, who is getting chubbier by the minute, I feed him well, what can I say?!


brother love, moments like these make me so happy


more bike riding to go pick Madison up from jump rope club, Madison is very busy this semester


movie night, Colton insisted on cuddling with Hudson


admiring Hudson's squishy face while he sleeps


back to the gym!!!  Hooray!!!  It's so hard for me to give up my nap times for working out.


and finally, admiring the baby some more, he's such a sweet, squishy, happy guy!  


No comments: