I have always felt bad for anyone with a December birthday. I feel like December birthdays don't get as much attention because of the Christmas season. I was REALLY hoping Hudson would be born in November. It didn't work out that way, obviously, and that's totally fine. But this Christmas season I gained a new appreciation for mothers who have babies in December, cause let me tell ya, juggling the holidays AND a newborn is no easy task. I tried to be prepared, but there's only so much that can be done! My one saving grace was that Hudson was still in his "sleepy" stage for the majority of the holidays, but aside from the few pictures I managed to remember to take, I can barely remember anything in December!
So, evidently, here is what happened in the couple of weeks before Christmas:
Aunt Danielle and Uncle Trevor came back to meet baby Hudson, since they missed him by about 36 hours when they came at Thanksgiving! This is all 5 Porter grandkids.
Madison spent a lot of time holding Hudson.
The kids have been AMAZING with the baby. I really don't think they could be any more helpful or patient. And look at little mommy junior here reading to Hudson and Jaxon!
Colton had his preschool program at school! So awesome!! He was the cutest reindeer ever!
Madison cross-stitched a Christmas ornament for her teacher. She is kind of a night owl and stays up until 9 most nights. I try to have the little boys in bed by 7:30 when I can, so Madison usually has a lot of "quiet time" on her hands before she goes to bed. We read together and then I make her do something on her own. This was her project in December.
Madison had her piano recital. She played "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."
Madison had a research project and presentation at school about Sacajawea (whoever planned this project for the week before Christmas is not my best friend, seriously, terrible timing).
We went our annual Christmas lights bike ride. Colton insisted on hugging this inflatable Santa, so everyone had to join. My kids are weird.
We made Grinch shakes for FHE.
Colton and Hudson shared a swing at the park! It's all about muli-tasking around here!
Madison had a girl scout Christmas party and had to make a healthy snack. Thank goodness for pinterest!
Madison was the "Hero" at school for December because she has good manners! Chris had that day off, so he was actually able to come and eat lunch with us!
In case you can't tell, it sometimes turns into the "Madison Show" over here. It's not intentional. She just has a knack for being very involved in lots of activities that have "events" associated with them. Sometimes I feel bad for the little boys, especially Jaxon, so I took him on a date one night to Ghatti town. We had fun just the two of us!
All the boys had matching Christmas outfits for church. We all know I'm ridiculous about having the kids match. But the really do love it! Sometimes Colton and Jaxon try to match and then get mad because they don't have coordinating outfits, especially at church. Anyway, I thought my 3 wise men looked very handsome in their little vests and ties!
Let's also mention here that all the kids had book exchanges at school for their school parities. I had to finish Christmas shopping and Chris, as usual in December, had a million different team/work events to go to. I think everything went okay though, at least as far as I know!














1 comment:
The picture of Madison reading to the boys is SO precious. She is great!
Post a Comment