We had a long winter this year and spring is finally here! I know the rest of the country had a terrible winter. I shouldn't complain because a hard Texas winter is nothing compared to most places, but when we have to put up with the ridiculous heat all summer, I think we are entitled to mild winters! It's been a nice spring, though, and we've been enjoying spending time outside.
Colton and I got ice cream cones while Madison was at choir a couple weeks ago and he insisted on sitting under the table to hide from the sun.
Jaxon found this rock for Colton at the park. Jaxon told him it was an egg. Colton believed him. I tried to convince him it was a rock, but he insisted that the crack on the top was the egg hatching. Finally, after a week of waiting, the "egg" disappeared...mysteriously.
We trimmed the bushes, which is no easy task. Our lot is really long, so the front of our house is really long and we have at least 30 bushes, no joke. Jaxon was super excited to help though. I love when they think helping is fun, I know it won't last.
Madison and I went to the General Women's meeting. It was such a great meeting and so fun to bring my girl!
The big kids wore their slings to school for April Fool's day. They thought they were super funny.
Hudson has decided he really likes his umbrella stroller, which is awesome. I bring that thing everywhere and it gives my arms a break. I hate lugging the carseat around, especially since he doesn't really love it. But the stroller is awesome because the big kids can help push!
Heidi and Garret came to town for General Conference weekend. Colton loves his Heidi. And we are so excited they are having a little girl in August!! We need more girls around here!
While Heidi and Garrett were here we got exclusive tickets to the new Dinosaur exhibit at the Ross Perot museum downtown. Chris's company is sponsoring the exhibit. It was quite the event. They had food, balloon animals, face painting, a magician, and a bunch of little favors for the kids. Hudson wanted to dress up as a scary dinosaur.
We all dressed up for the photo booth. I think this picture is awesome!
Garrett and I did a couple rounds of insanity! I liked it. And obviously we got super sweaty! I've been doing another workout called T-25, which is similar. It's nice to mix things up instead of just doing cardio all the time.
We all went and had lunch with Jaxon at school. My kids really like me to have lunch with them. I don't know if it's because I bring them something special, or if they just like seeing me, but either way I try to go about every other week. It's nice to have 30 minutes of focused time with them during the day, and pretty soon I don't think they will want to see me quite so much. It's not always going to be cool to have the whole family eat lunch with you!
Hudson started loving the swing, again, awesome, because it gives my arms a break!
Hudson is still sleeping in our closet because he is still waking up a lot at night. He thinks it's really funny to pretend like he's sleeping and then pop his head up when we come in to get clothes.
We got the sprinkler out and did some trampoline jumping! Easy entertainment!
Madison had a talent show at school. She played a simplified arrangement of "Fur Elise." She's really getting good at the piano and I'm glad that she isn't too shy to perform in public! I never liked playing in front of people.
All Madison's boys came to watch her (obviously they are watching the movie behind me).
We had our ward Easter egg hunt.
The kids got tons of eggs.
I've decided that I need to get better at taking a picture of all the kids together, because they are all so cute,
but do we really need 4 pictures of the same event? Not really. Especially when it's a basic Easter egg hunt.
A couple weeks ago we made grilled shrimp for dinner. Chris and I pretty much assumed the kids wouldn't like it, so we made them some chicken. We had them try the shrimp and they all loved it. This never, ever happens with new food. Seriously. Most nights you'd think I was trying to poison my kids if you heard them at the dinner table.
We celebrated Madison and Elisa's birthdays. They are the only 2 Wise granddaughters and they are both April birthdays, it's very convenient.
The kids and I went to watch Chris play softball. His games are usually late, but he had one at 6:30, so we went to cheer him on, even though it was actually pretty chilly.
We are getting a patio and arbor in our backyard. They came out last week to dig holes. The kids were thrilled to have 3-foot holes in our backyard.
Hudson has started sleeping on his back. This is a big deal because he usually sleeps on his tummy, but he can roll to his back, so he gets stuck. I was always going in to flip him back over.
We did Easter baskets on Saturday. The kids got pictures of Christ, CTR rings (which for some reason we got the spanish version), and a small gift.
This is just a random chubby picture of Hudson. Because it's funny.
Garrett and Heidi came back through Dallas, on their way home from Cancun--lucky ducks-- for Easter dinner. It's so fun having them so close!
On a final note, we need to discuss the sleep situation at our home. Or lack thereof. I would say that for the last 7 years my kids have all been pretty good sleepers. We've had the occasional nightmare, night time accident etc. Jaxon went through a period where he slept walked. Of course we've had newborns who wake up, but for the most part we have been able to count on getting a good night sleep. The kids have never slept in our bed with us, or even tried to really. For some reason though, the last month has been nuts. We've had Hudson waking up at night, which is normal. He's usually waking up once, sometimes twice between 11 and 8. But lately he's been waking up during the night and then for the day at about 6:30, which deprives me of my last 30 minutes of sleep. Colton has been going through a sick spell, so we've had him waking up with fevers. Jaxon has had a couple of accidents. Colton is scared of storms, so he's come down a few times for that. It just seems like all of a sudden we've been up 3-4 times a night for various reasons. It's a little ridiculous. Colton has been the hardest. He's been going through a really clingy stage and he has been trying every night to sleep with us or to find a way to fall asleep in our bed. It's hard because we can't just let him cry in his room or he will wake up Jaxon. So pretty much it's an all night party around our house!! It's wearing me out.































No comments:
Post a Comment