Saturday, June 28, 2014

Madison's baptism and other fun things (and crazy things)

Madison was baptized over Memorial Day weekend.  We had quite the party at our house.  Not only did my whole family come to stay (at our house), but we also had Chris's parents and three of his brothers here too (only one was staying at our house).  Add that to the cousins that already live here at it was a pretty fun weekend!!!


the first night all 3 big kids got asked to a birthday party so we went to dinner with just the adults--awesome!


Chris baptized Madison on Saturday, we've had a very interesting few weeks, which I will address in later posts, but I have to say, I have been very, very grateful lately that Chris has chosen to stay worthy to hold the priesthood and that he was able to baptize Madison


Here's the Porter side of the family!  (The Wise side was late, so we didn't get any pictures.)   It was a very special day.  I held it together the whole time, except after Madison was baptized and I was helping her change.  Then I cried.  Madison is such a sweet girl.  She's got a very strong will, which is very challenging, but I have seen it become a strength for her in SO many parts of her life and I know that if we can channel it correctly she will become an amazing young woman!


Madison and grandma and grandpa Wise after the baptism


my sister-in-law is having a girl in August.  I'm so excited for another niece.  It's be a LONG time since I've had a baby girl to spoil.  We had a little headband making party while everyone was here.


And we had a LOT of family get-togethers!  These boys and their electronics.  Seriously.  I will never understand male bonding.

 

We celebrated Ethan and Jaxon's birthdays.  These two really don't understand how lucky they are to be so close in age AND live so close together.  


And we celebrate Uncle Garrett's birthday!!!


Grandma and grandpa with all 5 grandkids (almost 6)!!


I sometimes feel like unmarried uncles are almost like grown-up cousins!  



Milo and Hudson are only 8 months apart.  We are working really hard to make them bff's.


Garrett is Colton's favorite.  He's going to be an awesome dad!!


We all went bowling.  It's pretty funny because my family  knows Chris's family pretty well, so when we all get together it becomes a mushed up combo. of both families.  My poor kids have a hard time sorting the two families out.  Needless to say, Memorial Day was awesome.  


The rest of May flew by.  Uncle Stephen moved down from Utah and is living with us for a while.  He and Hudson are best buds.


Sometimes I feel like maybe I should get a 12 passenger van.  I'm at this funny point in life where everyone I know has 3 or more kids and most of them don't have kids old enough to babysit, so when I'm babysitting someone's kids, well, it's a LOT of kids!


Colton, oh Colton.  Right after Madison's baptism Colton had to have his adenoids removed and another round of ear tubes.  This kid.  He's been having problems with his speech.  Not language issues.  He understands us.  He speaks a mile a minute.  Problem is that no one can understand him.  At least part of the time.  We went to the ENT and had him checked.  His adenoids were enormous.  So we had those removed and his speech has improved a little, but we are going to have him evaluated for speech therapy this fall.  


Hudson helped Stephen fix the jeep.  The kids love having Stephen around!


Madison got to go on an overnight to the zoo with her girl scout troop.  She LOVED it.  I'm so glad she got that opportunity!!


Colton takes water safety very seriously (floaties and 3-innertubes).  That kid won't sink!


While Madison was gone we had boys night with cousins. 


And Jaxon had his first swim meet.  He's done pretty good.  This is his first year on swim team, so I don't have huge expectations, but it's fun to see him race and improve and it's great exercise!!


And finally, a little picture of Hudson.  The poor kid.  With all the kids going a million directions he has had to learn to sleep on the go.  Which he is terrible at.  It's like a wrestling match to get him to sleep, but we have no choice and so we do it!  And I do love a good cuddle whenever I can get it.


No comments: