Monday, July 14, 2014

My two blue eyed boys

Our family is split right down the middle.  Chris, Jaxon and Hudson all have blue eyes.  Madison, Colton, and I have brown.  It's funny because Jaxon and Hudson look exactly like Chris.  It's kind of like having three versions of Chris running around.  

Anyway, June 2 was Hudson's 6 month mark.  And he's pretty much amazing.  He's such a great little guy and I he's so happy!  We've really enjoyed him!


He started getting up on his hands and knees when he was just barely 6 months.  This is way earlier than my other kids, especially Colton who didn't crawl until 9 months!


June 3 was Jaxon's 6th birthday!!  Uncle Steve joined us for lunch at school!


Jaxon also brought cookies for his class.  Hudson was very, very popular.  It was funny because Jaxon kept saying "give him some space!".


We went out to CiCi's for Jaxon's birthday dinner.  This kid LOVES pizza!


Madison's friend/sister joined us.  Both these girls are the oldest and the only girl in their family.  They really, really love each other!


The crossing guard at our school really likes Jaxon.  She calls him "my Jaxon".  When Jaxon told her it was his birthday she brought him a present.  I thought that was very sweet of her!


Jaxon got a LOT of ninja legos for his birthday.  He loved them all!


Hudson learned to sit up.  


Then it was the last day of school.  All the kids got to have parties by grade.  Jaxon got this funny mustache tattoo, which he inststed I put on his face.  


They also got treats.  Jaxon made a lot of good buddies in Kindergarten.  I can tell that he's a nice guy because all the kids seem to like him!


Madison had a little award ceremony and party too.  I don't know if Madison will miss her teacher or her pet guinea pig more (mostly because Madison really liked the guinea pig).  Madison is now officially done with the first 1/2 of elementary school, which means next year she starts state testing and she has two teachers and things get a little more intense!


At Madison's party they had a cheeto eating contest.  Madison beat all the boys.  Twice.  I need to write a whole post about Madison's competitive edge.  


The night of the last day of school we had Jaxon's birthday party.  We took the easy route and had a party at the pool.  We did a piñata and the boys got pool noodles as party favors.  Easy peasy, but super fun!


Jaxon even requested a cookie cake, which is the easies cake ever!  And it was super yummy. I think cookie cakes are going to become our go-to!



1 comment:

Jessica and Rod said...

Looks like you've been busy! It was fun to see you at the library today. Well ... at least to wave at you from my car while I sent Anna and Eve in to get tickets.
I love how your family is split down the middle with blue and brown eyes. I wonder what that would be like ... To actually have a child inherit some of your characteristics. I was so excited when Rebekah was born because I thought I'd get my first brown haired, brown eyed kid. Nope! Her eyes are hazel!!!