Thursday, September 11, 2014

A decade

On August 14 Chris and I celebrated our 10th anniversary.  Now, I'm not a marriage expert by any stretch, but I will say that I've learned a lot and that probably 90% of our marriage has been pretty awesome.  Neither one of us is perfect, we obviously have ups and downs and conflicts, but for the most part we have had a pretty great 10 years!  Chris is a pretty easy guy to be married to as long as I don't get sassy and dramatic, which is rare and has become even more rare through the years as I've learned it doesn't work with him :)  We have a lot of fun together, even now that we are much more tired and stressed out!  Chris is still my best friend and the person I would chose to be with over anyone else!  I'm glad he's stuck around and stayed focused and dedicated to me and our family!

Here's little Chris and Sarah on our wedding day.  You know you're getting older when you look at your wedding pictures and you think, "Wow we were so young!"  We were though.  Chris was only 22 and I was 19: 


And here we are 10 years later.  I guess you can say a lot has happened!  We're older.  We have a LOT more kids.  We've both graduated from college.  We've moved something like 8-9 times.  We've owned 2 different homes.  Chris has a real job with a salary and insurance and everything!  Yep.  10 years has obviously changed us a lot:


For our anniversary we had planned to go to Boston.  We weren't sure wether or not we were going to have to take Hudson with us, so we planned somewhere that would be a little easier to take a baby.  Well, it worked out that Hudson didn't have to come, so two days before we were going to leave for Boston Chris had the great idea that we should go to the beach instead.  

Now let me pause here and say that this is incredibly out of character.  Chris is an accountant; he needs a spreadsheet to make almost any decision at all.  We are not spur-of-the-moment people.

Anyway, after doing some internet research we found a last minute deal to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico that was very close to the same price as our trip to Boston would have been.  Our tickets to Boston were on southwest, so that was an easy cancellation.  And the next thing we knew we were headed to Mexico!  

We did not regret that decision for a second!  Four nights alone with my hubby in Mexico was just what we both needed after a hectic summer!


The best part of the trip was that we got to do a lot of relaxing and a lot of fun things.  It was just the right amount of both.  


This was the view from our room.  I really liked the resort we stayed it.  It was very quiet. 



Me with a bird.  Random. 


  When we went to Cancun a few years ago the food at the resort was terrible.  I seriously lived on Coca Cola Light.  This go-round the food was much, much better!  But I was still happy to have "un amigo!"


I do have to say that the internet has made international travel so much more feasible.   Never in a million years could we have changed our reservations last minute and gone to a different country without the internet.  I also LOVE Trip Advisor.  It's so nice to have recommendations for restaurants and attractions easily accessible.  We were able to venture into town a couple of times to enjoy authentic food without worrying about where we would end up.  One of the restaurants we went to we picked our own meat out of the cooler and then they cooked it how we wanted it.  The food was delicious!  



One day we did an excursion to Las Calletas, which is a private beach on the tip of the bay.  It was absolutely gorgeous.  Our ferry took us past Puerto Vallarta (we actually stayed in Nuevo Vallarta, which is around the bay from Puerto Vallarta).


While at Las Calletas we did some snorkeling which was fun, much better than when we were in Hawaii.  Obviously we are very attractive in our snorkeling get-up.


One morning we went for brunch in Bucerias.  The village name means the diver, so they had this cool statue.  We walked around town a little bit.  It was fun to actually be in the village and not just at the resort.  


We also went to the Catholic church for a little bit, since it was Sunday.  


The landscape in Puerto Vallarta was amazing!  


And every night the sunsets were seriously breathtaking.  


We were sad to leave, but it made it a lot easier since my sister was at my house taking care of the kids, so we got sister time when I got back.  Danielle, Trevor, and Uncle Steve had the kids while we were gone.  Between those three adults they managed just fine!


I definitely missed my baby, though!  Although he was a teething wreck when I got back, so that was sad for both of us. 


We took all the boys to the splash park.  This was the best shot I could get.  They don't like to hold still very well. 


We did a little early birthday celebration for Colton at the pool with everyone.  It was a cool night and we were all chilly, so when Chris showed up after work we made him bring the cake over to by the pool so no one had to get out and be cold.  Then we all ate our cupcakes in the pool.  


Colton spent some time teaching Milo how to play piano.  Obviously Colton has awesome technique.  



Then everyone left and we had one more week until school started!  







No comments: