Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Halloween Weekend 2014

Okay.  We are pushing through.  I'm going to try to get caught up.  Eventually.

Halloween is awesome.  I know a lot of people think it's dumb, but I like it.  It's fun.  You get sugar.  You get to put your kids in funny costumes.  What's not to love?!

We had our annual Halloween trunk-or-treat the weekend before Halloween.  Madison and Hudson and I came straight from a football game so they were not dressed in their real costumes, but they look like they are dressed up, so it's cool.  Jaxon was Batman from the Lego movie and Colton was Emmet.


They got lots of candy.  So they were happy.  


I took the above pic to show the change between these two pics:


time flies, he's not so chubby anymore



This picture doesn't have anything to do with Halloween, but I feel the need to document what my kitchen does look like almost every day at 3.  It does get cleaned.  Then the explosion comes.... (see previous post).


Every holiday I make Jaxon a special lunch.  Madison doesn't really care about these things anymore, but Jaxon LIVES for his special lunches.  He really wanted me to make him a Veterans Day lunch in November, but I'm not that cool.   This is a spider sandwich, vampire teeth on a granola bar (I know it looks like poop, it's not), and Halloween bark. 


Madison had dress-up twin day at cheer, because dressing up for piano, trunk-or-treat, and Halloween just isn't enough. 


I feel like I should preface the events of Halloween by saying that the whole time I looked like this.  I had a sinus infection (see previous post describing sick-tober).  Also, Chris was in San Francisco at a job interview.  So I got to do all the hoopla by myself.  Just imagine all the following pictures with me in a haze...



On the day of Halloween the kids had their run-a-thon at school, which I personally think is genius because I'm sure the kids are nuts, but they can't do a party, so at least they get a fun event.  We decorated our back porch for a little post-trick-or-treating party and the wind stretched out the webs so that they looked extra cool and creepy.   The kids wore their capes to school!


Madison was inspired by my Halloween sandwich so she made everyone Halloween spider toast for breakfast.  Mmmmm.  (yuck) But hey, made my life easier.  


The kids did great at their run.  They both did more than 40 laps.  



Jaxon was especially excited.  I love this kid.  He gets so excited for so many things!  It's fun!


On Halloween night we had three parties.  First we got dressed up and went to have pizza and go trick-or-treating with all the families in our ward who live in our neighborhood.  

Hermoine.



Emmet.  I made his piece of resistance and his orange pants.  


Batman, "I only work in black, and sometimes very, very dark gray."


And a monkey.  Hudson was supposed to be 1980's something space guy, but his costume didn't work out, plus it was cold, so I borrowed this monkey costume from a friend last minute.  


The very excited crew!


The best pic I could get of the squirmy monkey.  I ended up trick-or-treating with the dads while the moms handed out candy at our friend's house.  Which was fine.  Madi went with a friend and the boys were happy after one street.  


Then we went to our old neighborhood and got donuts from our old neighbors!  They have a party every year and we love going back and seeing them.


Then we had a Halloween movie party with a bunch of friends.  We had hot chocolate on the patio and then watched the movie inside. 



Hudson had a fun time playing with the Halloween candy while they counted and sorted, which didn't happen until Sunday because we had games all day Saturday. 



Whew.  Fun Halloween.  








No comments: