I'm still about 2 months behind on updates, but I thought it would be fun to do a quick snapshot of the highlights of our year:
priesthood ordinances:
Madison's baptism
Hudson's blessing
Trips:
Chris went skiing in Salt Lake with his dad and brothers
Chris went to Idaho for his grandma's funeral
we went camping over spring break
the kids and I went to Kansas over spring break with Danielle and Trevor and Milo
we spent 4th of July in Arkansas with the cousins
Colton and I went to Houston in July for Aunt Heidi's baby shower
the kids and I went to Kansas City in July
Chris and I went to Mexico in August
Madison, Hudson and I went to Houston over Labor Day for Zoey's blessing
The whole family went to San Antonio in October
I went on a girls trip to Miami in November
Birthdays:
Hudson turned 1
Colton turned 4
Jaxon turned 6
Madison turned 8
I turned 30
Chris turned 32
School:
Madison started 3rd grade
Jaxon started 1st grade
Colton started pre-k
(they were all very tan)
New family members:
Emma Kay McCune born December 18
Zoey Marie Porter born August 27
Uncle Stephen:
has been living here for 7+ months, that's more than half the year, so I felt it was worth mentioning
Anniversary:
celebrated our 10th in Mexico and then at the same temple we were sealed in 10 years ago!
Church Callings:
I'm currently serving as nursery leader over the 4 nursery classes in our ward
Chris is teaching primary, he taught sunbeams this year
Home improvement projects:
too many to name, but I did paint 4 rooms in our house this year and I almost died a couple of times, maybe I need a higher ladder?
surgery:
thankfully our only "major" medical event was a simple adenoid removal/tube insertion
Big news:
Our biggest news of the year actually only happened about 2 weeks ago
Chris got a new job!!!
(More on that later.)
Not mentioned:
All the million other things that filled our time--sports practices, games, recitals, performances, playdates, family dates, date nights, illnesses, church meetings etc.
And as I reread my post from the beginning of 2014 I can honestly say that I have reached my main goal for the year, which was to get my life organized again and enjoy a lot of fun family time (and not move and not have a baby)! So I'd say this year was a success. We learned a lot. I feel like I have grown by leaps and bounds just trying to figure out what is most important as I raise my sweet kids. I will honestly say that one advantage to having a busy life is that there isn't room for fluff. I try really hard to keep our time and energy focused on what's most important. I don't always succeed but every year I get a little bit better and that's what matters.
This year I'm trying to focus on this quote by Benjamin Franklin:
“How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults, or resolution enough to mend them”
I'm still deciding on what my goals should be specifically, but I am trying really hard to pinpoint areas that NEED change not just areas that I want to change or that I think would be fun to change. We shall see what results this introspection produces!






.jpg)

















No comments:
Post a Comment