Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Springtime!

After our trip to Utah we jumped back into life at its normal, busy pace.

Colton got two cavities filled.  He sure knows how to make the best of a lame situation.  He looks pretty set to me!


Madison and Jaxon got invited to a roller skating party.  I took this picture because this is Jaxon talking to the girl he had a crush on all of first grade.  They had an on-again off-again relationship.  He made me laugh the whole year because every once in a while he would bring up Penny and the status of their relationship.  I promise, his moves at the skating rink did not help him impress her, however, ha!


Madison sang the national anthem at a minor league basketball game with her school choir.  


The weather improved so we put the sprinkler under the trampoline.  


Hudson got to splash in the water bowl.  


The kids had their spring choir concert with DMCO.  Madison did this choir last spring and we decided to let all three kids do it this spring.  They really enjoyed it.  Grandma and Grandpa Wise came down for the performance.  I forgot to get a picture of everyone before they left.  The didn't get home until past 10 because there are two performances, so I didn't get an after picture either.  


We weren't allowed to take pictures during the performance, but a few weeks later MCO sent out a video announcing a new choir and an upcoming tour.  Madison and Colton were both in clips!  Madison is there on the front row at the end.  I loved this part of the concert because they were singing "I Know that my Redeemer Lives" and I could see in Madison's face that she was truly feeling the words as she sang.  I was really grateful to get this picture later.  And I'm so grateful for the chance that she has to be part of this choir.  She loves music and I love that she has a chance to participate in a weekly activity where she can feel the spirit and have her testimony strengthened.  


Colton was, of course, just adorable!


We went with grandma to the General Women's broadcast. 



Sunday we had family dinner with the cousins and a little early Easter egg hunt.  


Colton got lucky and got to go back to Arkansas with grandma for 3 days.  We were coming up the following weekend for Easter, so it worked out well.  


This is a just a random picture of Hudson making a mess.  I feel like these dumb sauce packets are always hard to open, unless, of course, you're 1.


We had a little fun on April fools.  I froze Jaxon's cereal the night before.  This kid loves that kind of stuff and he was so thrilled by this little joke!


Jason wanted to look like he had gotten stitches so we gave him a bandage and a little make-up for a black eye.  


Madison joined in the fun too.  It's amazing how they both always get injured on April 1.  Last year they both had broken arms. 


The best part of April fools day was this "joke" that I played on my family.  Up until now they didn't know I was pregnant.  So I sent them this little announcement text!  They, of course, didn't believe me.  The best part is that it wasn't a joke, obviously.  It took about an hour to convince them, probably because I strung them on for a little bit, but hey, it was pretty funny!


When packing to go to Arkansas for Easter, Hudson was very entertained by the hair dryer. 


We had a fun, but chilly weekend in Arkansas.  We enjoyed the spring daffodils with Grandma and Grandpa.  


We went to a street fair downtown.  They had some fun performers that the kids really enjoyed.  


It was chilly so we all wore multiple layers to stay warm.  I probably should have brought coats.  Mom fail right there. 


The kids each got to choose one activity.  Colton and Jaxon chose to do the one where you hit the weight with the mallet and you see how far up the meter it goes (I have no idea what that's called).


Madison chose "bungee" jumping.


The middle of town square. 


We did our Easter baskets in grandma and grandpa's backyard.  The kids each got a little mask with their baskets, so they posed like their animal.  Except Hudson, he was an angry bunny.


We dyed eggs.  


And went on a little hike after morning conference. 


Hudson and I hung out in Nathan's room to watch conference so that he wouldn't bug the big kids.  Hudson thought sitting in Nathan's wheel chair was so funny. 


For Easter outfits this year I just got the boys polos.  They weren't hurting for church clothes because they just got them for their concert.  I love these four cute kids, even if one does look like a jack-o'-lantern.


No comments: