We had a lot of baby fun mixed in with the events of the next couple of weeks. First of all we made the official pregnancy announcement. What was funny about this was that I had taken this picture and then decided that it wasn't that great and I was going to try again later. I posted it for family, just for fun, but the next day Chris made it public. Ha! So the news was officially out, although the announcement wasn't super polished, oh well!
We registered Colton for kindergarten! It was a big day. I agonized over this decision for years, but finally, due to quite a few factors, we decided to enroll him. If it doesn't go super smoothly, we will just enroll him in Kindergarten again next year, but I'm fairly confident he will rock it!
Hudson perfected the cheese face and was just too funny every time we took a picture of him.
Jaxon and Madison had a little assembly at school for the 10th anniversary of their school. First grade sang a song. They had the option of making paper guitars. I think Jaxon was the only one who actually did, which doesn't surprise me at all, he really loves to make things.
Madison got to do her very first jump rope performance. She did awesome! She's on JV this year, which means it's a training year, but next year she will be on the actual team. She's pretty excited. It's a pretty big deal at her school and it's hard to actually make the team.
I'm not going to lie, morning sickness with a little toddler stinks. These last two babies are going to be my closest in age, 22 months apart. Madison and Jaxon are 25. Colton and Jaxon are 27. Obviously there's more than three years between Colton and Hudson. Madison would at least watch cartoons and movies when I was pregnant with Jaxon. Hudson will NOT. I've even tried strapping him in his high chair with a snack and putting the iPad in front of him, no luck. So, needless to say, it's been exciting. Especially because he is not a clam child. We still love each other, though, most of the time.
Sometimes Colton takes funny selfies on my phone.
We like to make the kids do yard work on Saturdays whenever we can. Here's how it goes: Madison has to pee every 5 minutes and get a drink every 5 minutes. She also thinks she's the only one who gets hot and tired. Jaxon works like a horse the whole time and loves it. Colton has a normal attention span for a 4-year-old. We've started limiting Madison's drink and potty breaks to every 30 minutes because, obviously, it's a stall tactic. This Saturday we put in three loads of mulch under our trampoline.
The kids did get a reward, though, it was bring-your-own-cup day at 7-11 so we let them have at it!
These boys are just so darn cute in their suspenders and boots. It kills me. Who said dressing boys isn't fun?!
Then the monsoon started. We got major flooding in Texas though April and May. We didn't know it, at this point, but this would become a common occurrence. Nothing like a little shower after a trip to walmart, at least I was already in work-out clothes and not all dressed up.
Our backyard looked like this most of the spring. Obviously we have a drainage issue right there.
We found out what the gender of our baby was, so we decided to have a little gender reveal party for the kids, Chris and I already knew. Hudson enjoyed licking the beater.
The finished cupcakes!
The reveal... can you see that frosting peeking out from the middle?!!
It's pink!!!!! We are all shocked. I was pretty much convinced that it would be another boy! When they called to give me the results of the gender test I was driving and I started crying. We are so thrilled to be adding another girl to our family. Madison is, of course, ecstatic. I have a precious movie of her biting into her cupcake!
Another cheese pic!
This is how April looked: me trying to rest. Hudson "helping" me rest.
Oh and Hudson started eating toilet paper. Gross. He's seriously too much sometimes.
We did get another fun addition to the family! A new van. Our old van was getting up there in miles (and it had the most ridiculous tires that cost $350 a piece and wore out super fast and we were getting sick of spending $1000 on tires every year) so we traded the old one in for a new van with 8 seats! Now we will have room for at least one friend in the car when the whole family is in the car.
Jaxon went to a birthday party and randomly won the jack-pot in the arcade. Obviously he was excited.
We had a little yard sale. Emphasis on little. We seriously sold about 5 things. But the kids had fun advertising. Jaxon even made an arrow and did some sign twirling! (I really need to start posting videos on here).
Colton got strep throat. Poor kid, when he gets sick he runs super high temperatures, so I took him to urgent care. I will, however, count this as a "win" because this was his first time on antibiotics in almost a year. I think we are improving in the immune system category.























No comments:
Post a Comment