Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Big things and little things

This whole "catch up on 5 months of blogging in a few weeks" is obviously going awesome.  Not.  But it is kind of fun to be going through a lot of memories at the same time.  And I'm realizing more and more that life is pretty awesome.  The day-in and day-out aren't necessarily super exciting.  But I love documenting all the little things that are mixed in with the big events, because I know it's the little things I'm going to forget the soonest.  

Field day this year had to be rescheduled multiple times.  The rain just wouldn't let up!  However, like a flipped switch, the rain finally stopped and it got super hot outside.  We've actually had very little rain all summer.    The kids finally got to have field day and they were super excited.  Colton was a little bit disappointed that he didn't get to participate.  But at one of the games they let him shoot the kids with a water gun and that made him incredibly happy!


They always rent super-cool bounce houses at field day.  Jaxon and I had fun while I timed him running through this bounce house.  


They weren't allowed to do water games at field day last year because we were in a drought.  Obviously, that wasn't the case this year.  The kids LOVED get soaked!  The older grades do their field day in the afternoon and, I've been told, they get to do cooler games than they younger grades.  


Random little thing: my kids do stuff like this all the time.  I honestly feel sometimes like I'm living my life in an obstacle course.  


I hit my 20 week mark with baby girl.  Here's a comparison of the last 3 kids.  Baby girl, Hudson, Colton.  I was huge with Colton.  I don't have pics from Madi and Jaxon. 


Jason's birthday was during the last week of school.  His teacher planned a fun day every day to kill the time.  His birthday happened to be on art day, which, of course, thrilled him to death!  He brought the big art kit he got from grandma and grandpa to school for the day!


And since not a lot happens the last week of school, except art day, we pulled Jaxon and Madison out of school at lunchtime on Jaxon's birthday so that we could go downtown and meet dad for lunch!  


We had lunch at the food trucks and then played in the splash park at Klyde Warren park!


On the last day of school the kids have parties and awards ceremonies.  Jaxon got the inventor award.  And his class described him as being "loud and chatty" along with a couple of other things.  These are very true statements about Mr. Jaxon.  He's got a lot to say and he wants to make sure everyone hears all his great ideas!  He is also an awesome inventor!


Here's Jaxon at his end of school party!


And a random pic of Hudson that same day throwing a tantrum about not getting fruit snacks.  It didn't work. 


Here's Madison at her awards ceremony.  They do all the awards at different times during the day, which is good for making sure you can see all your kids, but annoying when you have to go back and forth to the school all day long.  Madison got the Snickers award for her awesome sense of humor.  


And here she is with her teacher Mr. Thornburg.  Somehow, over the last 4 years Madison has scared away 3 out of 4 of her teachers.  Only her kindergarten teacher stayed at the same school after Madi had her.  All her other teachers have left after having Madison, which makes me kind of sad because I always enjoyed going back to visit my old teachers.  


Madi stayed at school the rest of the day after her party, but Jaxon came home with me and we went  with Colton to see the Lego exhibit at the mall.  They had a bunch of famous American buildings built out of Legos!  The boys thought it was really cool.


Another little thing: giving rolley polley bugs rides in the back of Hot Wheels cars during swim meets.  


Since we were stuck in Utah on mother's day I finally got my breakfast in bed the second week of June, we just had too much going on most of May!  I love my cute kids!


Madison and I went to visit my friend Courtney and her new baby Kaylee.  Such a pretty baby!  And Madison was in heaven!  She's going to be such a good big sister to her little sister!


Then school was out and it was summer.  I had two goals this summer: spend lots of time reading and teach the kids some new chores.  We were very consistent most of the summer reading 30 minutes every day.  


And the kids did learn some new chores.  This one is my favorite.  For some reason I hate emptying the dishwasher, but now Madison and Jaxon both do it and it's pretty awesome.  


We got to go to a lot of Chris's softball games this summer, which is always fun.  He's been playing in the same softball league for about 3.5 years now!


I had my 20 week ultrasound of baby girl.  She looks nice and healthy!


I took the boys to the park a couple of times while Madison and Jaxon had swim practice.  This is one of our favorite parks.  It's right near swim team.  It's also where Madison practices cheer in the fall.  We love it because it's nice and shady and it has a merry-go-round.  


It's a little bit hard to see in this picture, but Colton has crazy reactions to bug bites on his head.  If you look right in the middle of his forehead, near his hairline, you can see the huge bug bite that's about 2 inches in diameter.  They go down after 24 hours, but any time he gets bitten on his head he has this reaction!


Jaxon spent his first week of summer vacation as an entrepreneur.  He had this great idea that he was going to make comic books and sell them.  He spent days drawing his comic book.  Then I helped him type out the words and glue them in (so it would be legible).  Then we made copies of all the pages so that he had 10 books to sell.  He insisted that we sell them in front of our house.   I texted a few neighbors and friends who live close-by so that they could stop by if they were home.  


Here's his sign. 


Here's his comic.  


He actually made about $10 and he was a very happy guy!  Thankfully, after one book he got distracted by other things.  Not that I want to discourage creativity, but it was kind of a lot of work to get that thing printed!


No comments: