Tuesday, September 01, 2015

The beginning of the end... of school

As always, May was hectic.  Every single activity seems to have some culminating performance or presentation in May.  

Madison and I went on a little date right after her birthday to spend her birthday money.  She wanted washi tape and shopkins


She ended up with enough money to also buy a sparkly purse from Justice that she has actually used a lot!


Grandpa was in town for a meeting so we celebrated the Wise birthday girls.  Both girls have their birthdays in April, which is very convenient.  


Hudson and I spent every Monday and Wednesday morning from 8-8:30 like this.  Just hanging out in the car while Colton was in speech. 


Uncle Steevo moved out!  For a year our garage looked like this.  The majority of this isn't ours.  We now have a fully functioning garage again!


Hudson was sad to see his buddy go, but it was time for us to get our space back!  


For Madison's birthday we spruced up her room.  I told her I wouldn't repaint it, but we did some redecorating with the mint color.  She got a new dresser because her old one was too small.  She also got new bedding because she inherited our old king size bed.  We got a new mattress for Christmas and didn't want to waste a decent king mattress since we have guests a lot, so we gave our old mattress to Madison.  And I FINALLY made a shade for her window.  We've been using a quilt for the last 2 years.  We have two windows in our house shaped like this.  They are a pain because they don't have blinds.  Hopefully I can get a shade on the nursery window before the baby comes.  I'll post more pics of her room soon.  We are just now finishing up a couple of other projects.  


Hudson finally got to sleep in his room in a crib.  For the first 6 months he slept in our closet.  Then he shared with Madison for a few months.  Then we started rolling the pack and play between Madison's room and the media room depending on the day.  I was so glad to finally get him landed in a bedroom and to get all his stuff out of Madison's closet!


Hudson is a stinker.  That's all there is to say about him.  He loves to be sneaky and get into things when no one is looking.  Also, he's a major cheeser.


We had open house at the school.  The kids are always so excited to show off their desks and all of their hard work. 



Madison had her end of the year choir and jump rope performance.  Unfortunately, Chris and I had to miss it.  We were in Utah for Chris's grandma's funeral.  But I did take a picture of her before she went to school!


A friend sent me this picture of Madison performing.  She did great!  We are excited to watch her this year!


Like I said, Chris's sweet grandma passed away at the beginning of May so we had to leave for the funeral.  I had a chance to get to know her quite well when we were in college, so I told Chris that I wanted to come along. 


These guys are a few of Chris's cousins.  We spent a lot of time getting to know them when we were at BYU and they are all wonderful men.  Chris's grandma raised a wonderful family. 


The Wise family at the funeral.  We left our kids home with friends. 


We did squeeze in some pedicures for mother's day with the girls while we were there. 


We got to spend Mother's Day with Chris's mom, which was nice, except that we were supposed to be flying home, but our flight was canceled because of tornadoes in Dallas.  We got stuck in Utah for an extra day.  I felt pretty bad that all my friends who were watching my kids had to babysit extra kids on Mother's Day. 


The four oldest Wise kids.  I hope my kids are always friends.  I love seeing adult sibling relationships!


Colton insisted that I bring him home a cake after our trip.  I brought all my friends bundt cakes as thank you's for watching my kids.  He wanted his very own, so we bought him one on the way home from the airport. 


Cheeser Hudson making cookies


Cheeser Hudson with his first slurpee


Our neighborhood pool opened.  We took the kids swimming the first night.  It was chilly, but it wasn't raining so we just went for it. 



Madison and Jaxon had their final piano recital.  They both did great.  It's amazing to watch their progress every year!


I got to go to a birthday dinner for my friend Courtney.  We've known each other since high school and we both turned 30 last year!  It's so fun to have a long-time friend around!


Chris had to go to New York and San Fransisco for business.  He told Jaxon while he was gone that Jaxon needed to be the man of the house.   Jaxon insisted he needed to make dinner.  So I told him he could make Mac and Cheese.  I've often wondered why I bake less with Jaxon than with Madison and Colton.  Then he started cooking and I remembered.  (note the milk on the floor, he's a mess)


It finally got warm enough to go to the splash park!


Madison and Jaxon did swim camp in May, so I went walking while they were there.  One night Colton fell asleep on our walk.  


They had nerd day at school.  Jaxon didn't have any real glasses, so he decided to make himself some.  When he saw this picture he said, "Wow!  I didn't think I would look so much like a nerd."  If he only knew.


Saying "hi" to daddy family selfie!


Madison had a mother daughter yoga night for activity days.  I had a girl from the ward watch the boys in the nursery since Chris was out of town.  While we were in the cultural hall I heard Colton screaming.  I ran to see what happened.  Evidently his finger got smashed in the big heavy church door by another kid.  It was a doozey.  He was fine, but he did lose his finger nail. 




The next night when we went walking Colton insisted on running in front of me.  He wanted to know why I didn't run and he thought it was funny that I told him I didn't want to pee my pants!


Colton "graduated" from preschool.  Chris was still out of town (he was only gone a week, it was just an eventful week).  So he tried to FaceTime us from the Red Sox game.  It didn't work too well.  We were too far away for him to see.  


Post-graduation pic.  Colton was such a cute little graduate.  I left Hudson with a sitter. 


Colton and his best buddies.  I'm pretty sure having twin best friends has to be super awesome.  It's like two for the price of one at every playdate!


Dessert at DQ to celebrate!


Also, the day Colton graduated he learned how to ride a two wheeler.  I literally took his training wheels off, gave him one push and he had it down.  No joke.  He needs help starting because he's too short, but he can turn and balance, even on the side walk, without any problems!  


And, in case you haven't heard enough about the rain in Texas, here's another picture of our backyard with the rain pouring down.  After 3-4 years of drought, Texas caught up those rainfall totals really fast!




No comments: