Thursday, January 25, 2007

Trying again.



Well the post before this worked, so I figured I do another one before my luck runs out. Things here in Utah are FINALLY thawing out. However, here in the Wise household we have had quite the adventurous week. It all began Monday when I started having severe pain in my foot. It hurt so badly that I could hardly limp around the house. On top of it all, Madison has the flu. I'm sure some of you have had the pleasure of dealing with a baby who has the flu, and you know what a gigantic mess it creates. I mean really, do they have to throw up on everything within a 5 foot vicinity? Can't they at least aim in one place! So then Tuesday comes around. I went to the Dr. and found out I've got tendonitis in the heel of my right foot. Not too severe, but still extremely painful. The Dr. gave me a perscription anti-inflamatory, which made the visit absolutely worth it. Tuesday night Chris and I have a History class in Salt Lake. We made it through about 1/2 of the class and both of us started feeling sick. We left early and I didn't even make it home before I got sick (I'll leave the details to your imagaination.) Tuesday night Chris and I spent the whole night feeling awful. Next morning Madison is cranky again. We know she's not sick so we checked her mouth. Of course, she's teething! So here we are exahusted from the flu, I can hardly limp around the house, I can't take my medicine because it has to be taken with food and I can't keep anything down, and Madison is teething!!! Today has been better, though I'm still feeling under the weather. Madison is much happier; both of her teeth broke through.

And all I can say is that, eventhough I may appear to be complaining, really I'm not. I actually think this has been a very funny, ironic week. One that we will think back on and laugh at. It's weeks like these that make me thankful for the good health we usually enjoy. And at least our apartment didn't flood like our neighbors'...I better not say that or we'll be next :)

As you can see from the pictures, we are still alive and Madison is as cute as ever. She's climbing up on everything!!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Okay, I have a solution for your foot. I've had to deal with a lot of tendinitis in my feet and even heal. Get a raquet ball ball and rub it under your foot allll the time. roll it around to strech out all of the ligaments and tendons...you'll call me in a week and thank me :) For that helpful bit of info, you owe me at least a couple cute/crazy/fun pics for my contest! smile!

Abby said...

Oh my gosh- that sounded SO miserable and aweful! I'm sorry. I hope that never happens to us! Yikes. Are you guys all better now? Madison is still SO SUPER cute! Ahh- love it. Take care, miss ya