So it's been a while, mostly because our lives have been pretty boring as we've been waiting out the summer until we can move into our apartment. The day is fast approaching, however. On Thursday we get the keys to our new place. Saturday we move in and our furniture should be delivered, so it won't be much longer.
These last couple of weeks Madison and I have been visiting my family in Kansas, again. After living in Utah for so long it's nice to be a short, cheap plane ride away. We haven't really done anything different than what we were doing in Texas, but it has been fun to be doing it all in a different location. We went swimming almost every day at the pool where I used to work. Madison loved playing with her Uncle Seth, Uncle Garrett, and Aunt Danielle. Of course Grandma and Grandpa loved her, too. (She's the only grandchild so far, so she's a bit spoiled).
Saturday we drove to Nauvoo to go to the temple. I love Nauvoo. It is so peaceful and the spirit is so strong in the whole area. The temple is gorgeous. The walls have beautiful murals and there is a different spirit there. I always think about how hard it must have been for the saints to build that temple and then leave it. It makes me feel guilty for taking the temple for granted. We did a session in the morning and then we went to the pageant that night. It was really good.
Sunday we went to Hannibal, Missouri, which is the birthplace of Mark Twain. It's only about 1.5 hours south of Nauvoo. It was fun to go there. It's a beautiful place. The Mississippi river is so incredibly huge and absolutely gorgeous. We walked up to a light house up on a hill and then we ate at this amazing restaurant.
Anyway, it was fun to be with my family, but now I'm ready to go home and move!!! This will be our 7th home since we got married. I'm ready to settle down a little bit!
1 comment:
I can't actually see the pics, but your trip sounds fun! I have your modbe stuff so that's an excuse to get together! Hooray!
Post a Comment