Monday, December 17, 2007

Let it SNOW!!!





So, Madison and I escaped to Kansas early for Christmas. We got to Kansas on Friday and were greeted Saturday morning with SNOW! It has been so hot in Dallas that I haven't felt like it was winter at all. I mean it has been in the 70's and 80's. Most people would be happy with that, and I have to admit I like going outside in December, but there's a part of me that does not feel like Christmas without some cold weather.

We decided to reintroduce Madison to the snow on Saturday, so we bundled her up and took her out in the snow. You can see from the picture that she had very strong feelings about being out in the cold. We were outside for a total of 2 minutes before we had to take her back in. It took her another 5 minutes to stop crying once we got inside. I guess she's just not a cold weather girl.

As you can also see from the pictures we came to Kansas unprepared for snow. I am wearing size 14-16 boys snow pants that fit more like capris, and Madison is wearing 3 shirts, 2 pairs of pants, 2 pairs of socks, a coat, and plastic bags on her feet. All that work for 2 minutes in the snow:)

5 comments:

Jenny said...

So fun! We're up in Canada for Christmas, and we have snow too. It's so fun! Ryder isn't so much a fan either. It'll come later, i guess. So, I need your mailing address. I emailed Chris but never heard back. Please send it when you have a minute. :).... jennleefairbanks (dot) gmail (dot) com. Merry Christmas!

Kelly said...

ooo--poor mati! Hopefully she'll come around and you can get some sledding in!

emilie s. d. p. said...

The picture of Madison crying is hilarious, not that I take joy in seeing scared little girls, but it still cracks me up. I think I would be scared too. Heck I'm still scared of the snow.

Jeffery and Nicole said...

hey aren't you coming out to Utah sometime soon? when are you coming? We can't wait to see you!

Nicole said...

K Sounds good I can't wait!