We're home. For those of you who thought that we dropped off the face of the earth, we haven't. We've just been traveling the country visiting family and friends (many of which don't have internet access). Madison and I spent December 14-27 in Kansas (Chris was there from December 21-27). Then we spend the next week hanging out at the Wise's here in Dallas because all of Chris' siblings were home! On January 3 Madison and I left from Utah to help my sister get settled in at BYU (go Cougars). I'm finally home and trying to get my life put back together. It's been a hectic but fun few weeks. Here are a few highlights:
* Lots of SNOW!! Although it has been really warm here in Dallas, it snowed 3 times while I was in Kansas and almost every day while I was in Utah! Yeah for snow. Madison got over her fear of snow and now loves to run around and crunch the snow any time she gets the chance.
* Lots of family. We were able to see all of my family, all of Chris's family, and many of our aunts, uncles, cousins, and grandparents. Poor Madison saw my mom, Chris's mom, my grandma, and Chris's grandma within a 2 week period. That's a lot of people with the same name, but she didn't seem too confused.
* Time with Chris. Chris was off about 10 days in a row between Christmas and New Year's. For my Christmas present we spent the night on the plaza in Kansas City. It is famous of its Christmas light display. It was a very romantic and relaxing get away.
* Time at BYU. I am so glad to be graduated, but it was so much fun to be back on campus at BYU. My sister is living in the same dorm that I was, so that was kind of nostalgic. The mountains were covered with snow, and we were able to see tons of old friends and family.
* Feeling better. I'm finally feeling human again. (I now have the strength of a grown [wo]man and a little baby-- to quote Dwight.) I think the baby is doing the breast stroke inside of me because he keeps kicking in different places all over my belly. I'm a lot bigger than I was with Madison :(, but I'm coming to grips with it.
* Cafe Rio. What more can I say? I ate there twice. I should have gone more...
6 comments:
only twice? that makes me sad...
I cant wait to see you, lets go play with our girls soon!
He? Does this mean you found out?
yeah! sounds like a killer trip! Now you just need to come visit Houston!
Hey, I found your blog and was so excited! I had to add it to our list of friends. Hope you don't mind. Cute family.
No we haven't found out yet, I just can't handle calling the baby "it". We're not having an alien, it's a human child. So I always call it "he" always have, even with Madison I said "he" until we knew...
Ohh what a fun trip! I'm glad you're back, I've been thinking about you guys, wondering where the heck you guys have been. WHen you made the comment about HE, i thought you were having a boy also!!! :) ok now i know. I think you're having another girl! Oh how fun that would be. I'm jealous you got to see SNOW this year and i'm glad madison likes snow now.
FUN FUN! Hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment