Monday, February 04, 2008

Some Random Stuff




I am getting very large. I was not this big with Madison, not even close. I'm already having trouble bending and moving. I was so excited that I avoided things like stretch marks and a sore back with Madison. This little boy, however, seems persistent on ruining my good record by making me huge! He's quite the little kicker as well. Madison was a squirmy one and our little man seems to be just as wiggly. It's already starting to hurt, ouch! Other than size complaints, though, I'm doing really good. I'm feeling pretty decent and enjoying this "easier" stage of pregnancy before I get really, really big!




Then there is the saga of the blanket. For some reason Madison got a hold of my blanket from when I was little and decided to attach herself to it. I have been watching in horror for the past few months as my treasured comfort object has been slowly falling apart under her not-so-watchful care. I've tried to take it away, but I have had no success. Finally the other day I convinced her that the blanket was "broken" and we needed to throw it away. It worked. We threw it away, and she hasn't asked for it since. (I promptly took it out of the trash can and hid it in the closet. It is my special blanket, after all). We now have to sing the "bye-bye blanket" song every night at bed time. It's a made up song that changes every night, but she likes it and it's a small price to pay for saving my poor blanket from complete ruin.


Last there here are a few pictures of our little tattoo artist. She loves to color and even though she knows to color only "on a paper"; she sometimes forgets and gets a little creative :)

6 comments:

Jeni said...

sarah you look soooo stinkin good. I love your little belly. although you think it is huge, it is little and sooo cute! you look great.
Sorry I suck at calling... I am pretty free this week, lets hang out with the girlies FOR SURE!

Anonymous said...

The bye bye blanket song? I'd like to hear that one. You need to hide that thing encased in something else at the bottom of your cedar chest.

Love, Mom

Kelly said...

ha! love the blanket story!

Cris, Jon, Austin and Ethan said...

Don't you worry,last week Our friends who DONT HAVE KIDS YET came over and thought they'd paint a little ninja turtle on Austin's face, then came his arm, then off comes his sleeper! And of course....who??gets to wash him off, and have to tell him NO everytime he points to his chest everytime he sees me painting???? that would be ME! Maddy is So cute, I can't even believe you are having a boy! we're SOOOO happy!

Abby said...

Sarah you look so cute. Funny that you hid your blanket for your own keepsakes. Way to go. I wanna hear this Bye bye blanket song. hehe. Madison is just so dang cute. She's so silly writing all over herself. What a good mom you are, to let her write all over-- kids need the opportunity to do that at least once!!!

Anna@Exasperation said...

I'm with Madison. I never understood what was so fun about coloring on paper.
You look FANTASTIC!!! Not huge in any way!