Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Girls camp was "beast"

This year our stake did girls camp over spring break because there is a multi-stake jubilee this summer.  Positive: nicer weather.  Negative: much more difficult to plan during the holidays.  I really don't know who had more fun at girls camp, me or the girls.  I loved girls camp as a YW.  I was wondering if I would enjoy it as much as a leader, and I definitely did!!!  We had an awesome, amazing, delightful, wonderful bunch of girls.  They all got along well.  They all were helpful and positive and FUN!  And to top it all off the other 2 leaders that went with me are already 2 of my best friends, so it was pretty much a girlfriend trip for me, too!  (I didn't even do that on purpose.  The bishopric called the leaders!)

I learned a new word at girls camp.  Evidently, the new slang for "cool" is "beast".  All the girls kept saying, "That's BEAST," and it took me a while to figure out what exactly they meant by that.  And then I felt really old.  

Oh and talk about POSH.  When I went to girls camp as a YW we did tent camping most of the years I went.  And every year it poured on us.  And every year our tents flooded.  Not so fun, but good stories to tell later :)  Anyway, the camp we went to this year had NICE cabins with NICE bathrooms and AC!  Seriously?  It was sweet!  





I got to go on the long (5 mile), hot (90 degrees outside) hike with the second years.  This was the view from the top!  Well worth the effort.


Dutch oven cooking!  We got really brave and tried cooking in dutch ovens, which none of us had ever done before.  It turned out great!


Cheerleading poses.  We did lots of cheerleading poses. 


The leaders.  Day 3.  Can you tell?  Don't we all look like we've been camping for 3 days?

So yes, girls camp was beast.  I can't wait to do it again next year, but I'm very happy to have it done for now.  Time to focus on something else for a while, like cleaning my house :)

And I do have to give a shout out to everyone who helped watch my kiddos.  I farmed them out to half the ward (or at least it seemed like that).  Thanks to everyone who loved them while I was gone and to my awesome husband for keeping things together at home!


2 comments:

Jessica and Rod said...

Beast ... I gotta start using that!

Juli said...

How fun! I'm so jealous!