Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Turkey day!

Thanksgiving break ended up being really awesome this year.  The kids didn't drive me nuts.  The kids didn't drive each other nuts.  In fact, I had quite a few "ahhh this is perfect" moments!  We had just enough fun things to do without going completely crazy with boredom/chaos.



$1 movie with the cousins, then we made apple/marshmallow turkeys 


teaching my little lady to make pies, not that I'm an expert, but it kind of felt important, like every mom gets to a point where she teachers her daughter to make pies for Thanksgiving


although, miss Madi pants couldn't keep her little fingers out of the pie :)  she was "checking to see if it was ready"


decorating the tree, Jaxon quietly collected all the red star ornaments and grouped them together on his own side of the tree


Thanksgiving day: don't ever let a 3-year-old drive


seriously?! he's so handsome


squishing Colton


And Madi and I went to see the Nutcracker ballet with her bff Ashlee


girl date!  the boys stayed home and watched Star Wars!


Love this girl!

And that about sums it up!  We also went to see Arthur Christmas, but somehow forgot that we have a one-year-old that can't even make it until the sacrament before we are out in the hall... needless to say Chris and I both saw parts of Arthur Christmas.  The house is decorated.  I'm about 1/2 way done with Christmas shopping, the Christmas cards are ordered- they just need to be mailed, we are enjoying the holidays already!!




2 comments:

garrett said...

I'm glad jaxon still makes his faces for pictures. (see photo one)
also colton is awesome and so great. i like when they are all in a pile and jaxon has his sword. he always has a sword.

InWeighOverMyHead said...

looks like a good time :)